[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Recordings, attendance & AC Chat for IGO-INGO Curative Rights Protection PDP WG call on Thursday, 30 November 2017 at 17:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Thu Nov 30 21:37:06 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and MP3 recording along with the AC recording and chat below for the IGO-INGO Curative Rights Protection PDP WG Meeting held on Thursday, 30 November 2017 at 17:00 UTC.

Mp3:  https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-crp-pdp-30nov17-en.mp3

AC Recording: https://participate.icann.org/p1xtx67mmzi/
The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:https://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar[gnso.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar&d=DwMFAg&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=1DVo0YVfOe3-nrIipggf-goj6fMYiAKRQiLcbmTdqt4&s=dPH7N18fQ85czWGHB5rga0N02b4KzsXKamZPlfZfUL0&e=>

Attendees:
George Kirikos
Petter Rindforth
Paul Tattersfield
Philip Corwin
Jay Chapman
Zak Muscovitch

  Apologies:
  Paul Keating
  Mason Cole

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Steve Chan

Berry Cobb
Dennis Chang
Michelle DeSmyter

Wiki Agenda page:   https://community.icann.org/x/ZQlyB

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Michelle

-------------------------------
Adobe Connect chat transcript for Thursday, 30 November 2017
 Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the IGO INGO Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms Working Group call on Thursday, 30 November 2017 at 17:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_ZQlyB&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=MyeMLmKr8mc6jscR8y40u6P3_IyEYavSd7hpBz4Qiq0&s=CTZjxeaYqF-kjvTu1KslyFNuC2vwlbC0c_sect9Xk-0&e=
  George Kirikos:Hi folks.
  George Kirikos:(brb)
  George Kirikos:My Black Friday delivery just arrived via UPS. *happy camper* :-)
  Paul Tattersfield:Hello everyone
  George Kirikos:Welcome Paul.
  Paul Tattersfield:Thanks George, First snow here today and it's still November - just
  Michelle DeSmyter:Welcome Jay
  Michelle DeSmyter:no
  Jay Chapman:Thanks, Michelle
  George Kirikos:Welcome Zak!
  Zak Muscovitch:Many thanks, Phil. Glad to be here.
  Paul Tattersfield:Welcome Zak
  Zak Muscovitch:Many thanks, Paul and George
  George Kirikos:I submitted extensive comments last night at: http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo-crp/2017-November/000950.html
  George Kirikos:Recommendation #1 is fine for me.....the GNSO Council has basically already accepted it.
  George Kirikos:(given we went to them)
  Petter Rindforth:So: Consensus level: 100%
  George Kirikos:@Petter: Consensus is determined via the mailing list, right? Not in the live room, where only 6 of the 26 members are present.
  George Kirikos:Blue = new
  George Kirikos:Some text in black might actually need to have been blue, I believe (see my comments in that email).
  George Kirikos:Yep, I'm ready to jump in on #2.
  Jay Chapman:i can move from page to page, and can zoom, but cannot scroll the page - anyone else having this issue?
  George Kirikos:Jay: you can read it at: http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo-crp/attachments/20171128/1d32bffe/ExcerptsfromDraftFinalReport-Rec124-28Nov2017-0001.pdf
  Mary Wong:@Jay, can you try exiting and reentering Adobe?
  George Kirikos:I can scroll fine.
  Jay Chapman:ok, i'll pull up the link George sent.  Thanks, George
  George Kirikos:But, you can read it via that PDP (from the mailing list archives)
  George Kirikos:*PDF
  Jay Chapman:Got it - thanks
  George Kirikos:+1 Petter. It'll likely be 100%, for Rec #1.
  George Kirikos:That was my comment #5, via email.
  George Kirikos:Right, that was my comment #3.
  Paul Tattersfield:Good point George
  George Kirikos:I agree with the intent of the language ---- just want to make it clearest.
  Jay Chapman:Agree, the opening language w "elect" seems a little closer to standing being a done deal with the IGOs choice, as opposed to "evidence" in support of standing
  George Kirikos:Perhaps "attempt to demonstrate". Although, I think we should directly use the terms "evidence" vs "proof" somewhere.
  Zak Muscovitch:Could also add; "subjct to (a) through (c), below, an IGO may claim that it has standing to file a complaint...."
  George Kirikos:+1 Jay. Plus the word "fulfil" makes it seem like a done deal.
  Jay Chapman:Agree with inclusion of "evidence"
  Jay Chapman:Yes - agree with that too, George
  George Kirikos:This would also be the case on Page 5 of the document.
  George Kirikos:That makes sense, Mary.
  Petter Rindforth:"...providing evidence, for example, Article 6ter registration..." - something like that, perhaps
  George Kirikos:So, that section should be moved.
  George Kirikos:The note to the recommendation would likely end up elsewhere.
  George Kirikos:Now we jump to page 5?
  George Kirikos:To the middle of page 7.
  George Kirikos:Bottom of page 5 to middle of 7.
  Mary Wong:@George, yes, noted.
  Mary Wong:Done.
  Mary Wong:We will send the notes and any proposed updated language to the list, and like Phil has just said, nothing is set in stone until the Consensus Call.
  George Kirikos:Right, I thought it was just IGOs!
  Petter Rindforth:Agree, there is no reson to keep the reference ti INGOs
  George Kirikos:Here's our initial report: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_issues_igo-2Dingo-2Dcrp-2Daccess-2Dinitial-2D19jan17-2Den.pdf&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=MyeMLmKr8mc6jscR8y40u6P3_IyEYavSd7hpBz4Qiq0&s=iyOECYni4I_9-3JeSQ5vAedX3NFeXvLXrKKhUW2ZlaM&e=
  George Kirikos:It was Rec #5 before. And it did say INGOs.
  George Kirikos:Never caught that.
  George Kirikos:Because there are A LOT of INGOs (e.g. the ECOSOC list), and Red Cross, IOC and others would get the subsidy too.
  Paul Tattersfield:Good suggestion Petter
  George Kirikos:Also page 7.
  George Kirikos:Probably for the RPM PDP.....can we provide guidance to that group from our work?
  Mary Wong:@George, yes - for instance, this WG may write to that WG, though obviously whether it's considered and how is up to that WG.
  George Kirikos:We could conceivably refer those issues to the larger RPM working group, and defer to them.
  George Kirikos:+1 Phil
  George Kirikos:Especially since most of us are in both PDPs.
  Jay Chapman:agree
  Mary Wong:Probably not a new WG as the cost question isn't necessarily a policy question.
  George Kirikos:GAC has a budget, perhaps allocate it from their travel subdidies? :-)
  Paul Tattersfield:free mediation IGO names gets around the issue
  George Kirikos:+1 to the equal subdidization.
  George Kirikos:*subsidization, even
  George Kirikos:Next steps.
  George Kirikos:We have 3 calls in December, I think?
  George Kirikos:Although, is Hannukah going to affect any members?
  George Kirikos:Hanukkah, even.  Dec 12 to 20.
  George Kirikos:RPM PDP has one on January 3rd.
  Mary Wong:We'll add the dates mentioned to the mailing list for everyone's reference as well.
  George Kirikos:Next ICANN meeting is 10-15 March 2018
  Petter Rindforth:the time line seems convenient
  George Kirikos:The Ides of March?!?!?! :-)
  Mary Wong:So basically 3 meetings to complete deliberations, open Cosnensus Call by 21 Dec, close it on 10 Jan 2018, and send Final Report to Council on 20 Jan.
  George Kirikos:We don't have to review the professor's report.
  George Kirikos:If we missed the INGO stuff in Rec 5 (now Rec 4), could be other things like that.
  Zak Muscovitch:Immensely impressed by work you have been doing for so long and the professionalism which you have all exhibited. I am mindful that I am like the late dinner guest who comes just for dessert without brining a gift, but I look forward to further participation with you all.
  Jay Chapman:Thanks, all
  George Kirikos:Bye folks.
  Paul Tattersfield:Thanks all, bye
  Mary Wong:Thanks Phil, Petter and everyone!