[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Document for discussion (Re: Proposed agenda for Working Group call on 7 September)

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Thu Sep 7 14:30:24 UTC 2017

Dear all,

For our call coming up shortly, and as noted for Agenda Item #2 below, please find attached a process flow diagram for discussion on the call, along with a short explanatory note. Please note that this example is a staff draft that we prepared at the co-chairs’ request, to try to develop a possible proposal that would combine Option 2 (arbitration) with workable elements from some of the other Options that have been discussed by the Working Group.

As such, this is not a proposal that the co-chairs have had the chance to fully review. Phil and Petter’s initial feedback reflect some concerns they have that they will outline more fully on the call. Essentially, they would like to reduce and minimize the decision points for all parties, accomplish as much as possible via Rules rather than Policy amendments, and overall simplify the proposal to make it more comprehensible to registrants and IGOs, as well as Council and the Board when they review a Final Report.

We apologize for the lateness of this distribution, as the co-chairs and staff have been discussing various ways in which we may be able to prepare a proposal or examples for moving forward. Please be assured that we will explain the process flow in detail on the call, and you will have time to consider and discuss it both on and after the call.

Thank you.

Cheers
Mary