[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Faleshood by Heather Forrest on GNSO Council call of today

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Fri Feb 15 00:57:19 UTC 2019

P.S. As for general claims during today's GNSO Council call about "low
participation", I pointed out how that was false in April 2018, see:

https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo-crp/2018-April/001112.html

when I compared the IGO PDP's attendance to the successfully completed
IRTP-D, where the average attendance per meeting of the IGO PDP
*exceeded* that of the IRTP-D (i.e. 10.01 attendees per meeting for
the IGO PDP, vs. 9.88 for the IRTP-D). Even if we update those stats
to the most recent attendance records of the IGO PDP:

https://community.icann.org/display/gnsoicrpmpdp/Attendance+Records

one gets 777 (sum of total attended column) divided by 78 meetings =
9.96 attendees per meeting, still greater than the IRTP-D PDP.

The above email was sent not only to the public mailing list of the
IGO PDP in April 2018, but was also cc'd to:
"Donna.Austin at team.neustar" <Donna.Austin at team.neustar>, Heather
Forrest <haforrestesq at gmail.com>, "rafik.dammak at gmail.com"
<rafik.dammak at gmail.com>

so, they should already have known that any claims of low
participation were false, but were instead just a tactic to try to
delegitimize the PDP by opponents of the outcome. As Elsa stated
properly on today's GNSO Council call, opponents of the outcome should
not try to manipulate the results at council via "backchannel
sabotage."

In October 2017, when the current minority thought that they were in
the majority on Recommendation #5, none of these concerns were
expressed. These are all after-the-results "backchannel sabotage" (to
use Elsa's phrase) because they could not convince the rest of the
members of this PDP (who formed a strong broad consensus across
multiple stakeholder groups for a different solution) that their
proposed solution was worth supporting.

Please forward this to the GNSO Council mailing list, so that they
have the true facts and numbers.