[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Thick Whois Status + Next IRT meeting postponed to Jan. 2015

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Wed Dec 17 19:28:15 UTC 2014

Hi Fabien,

On Dec 16, 2014, at 10:46 PM, Fabien Betremieux <fabien.betremieux at icann.org> wrote:

[SNIP]
> Transition from thin to thick/Legal Review: please find attached a status report of this effort as discussed in our call. We would like to remind you, as discussed in our meeting, that you can share you comments or questions on this topic by Friday 19 December at the latest.
> Transition form thin to thick/Group of experts: we are still considering the most efficient approach to engage with the Group of Experts from affected parties while we await the conclusions of the Legal Review.
I would still appreciate an answer to my question from the last call regarding what experts ICANN legal staff have been seeking input from on the legal review. Since the EU Data Protection Directive is being used as the standard, I suggest that the Article 29 Working Party’s input on the legal ramifications of a transition of thin to thick whois be sought out.

Thanks.

Amr