[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Registrars have to inform affected Registrants?

Kane, Pat pkane at verisign.com
Thu Sep 25 19:37:00 UTC 2014

Great point Tobias.

I think that it should also not be done as a one-time event but once we have "migrated" the acceptance of thick whois for com and net for new registrations, only require the thick update for existing registrations at a natural point in time of communication with the registrant which is at expiration/renewal.  This should even out the call support required and minimize the amount of registrant spam that we are creating.  It should also alleviate work for the registrar in terms of chasing down registrants who are likely to not renew their registrations.

Pat