[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Registrars have to inform affected Registrants?

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at egyptig.org
Fri Sep 26 10:28:47 UTC 2014

Hi Tobias,

On Sep 25, 2014, at 5:57 PM, Tobias Sattler <sattler at united-domains.de> wrote:

[SNIP]

> In my personal opinion, if we really have to do this outreach, I would rather like to change this obligation to something like that:
> "In case the contractual relationship between the Registrar and Registrant or local legislation does require to inform the Registrant
> about such transition the Registrar shall inform the Registrant 30 days before the transition."

This sounds very reasonable to me, and more importantly, strikes me to be more consistent with the WG’s recommendation. If I recall correctly, the requirement to notify and get consent from registrants on cross jurisdiction transfer of personal identifiable information was associated with privacy and data protection concerns raised during the legal review.

Thanks.

Amr