[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Development of the Transition Implementation Plan - Role of the IRT

Fabien Betremieux fabien.betremieux at icann.org
Wed Aug 12 19:42:25 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

In our meeting on Tuesday 4 August, we discussed the collaboration between
IRT Members, Experts from Affected Parties and ICANN Staff on the
development of the implementation details of the transition from thin to
thick.

In particular, we suggested that:
* We keep with our earlier decision (late 2014) to merge the "Group of
Experts from Affected Parties to work out implementation details of the
transition" into the IRT Membership
* ICANN staff and qualified experts from Registries and Registrars meet on a
weekly basis to work out implementation details, possibly weekly, until an
Draft implementation Plan can be presented to the community
It is our understanding that some of you would like to contribute to this
specific high intensity effort, while others would prefer to stick to the
reviewer role of an IRT.

As a consequence, going forward, we propose that two types of IRT meetings
be organized with a view to allow each member of the IRT to focus his/her
attention appropriately:
* ³Consultation-focused² IRT meetings: dedicated to working out
implementation details that will aid in drafting the transition plan.
* ³Review-focused² or ³Regular" IRT meetings: to discuss status of the draft
Overall Policy Implementation Plan (transition from thin to thick +
consistent labeling and display), including any issues that may have emerged
Unless there is strong opposition to this plan, we will soon be reaching out
to the IRT with a proposed schedule of Consultation-focused IRT meetings.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Best Regards
--
On behalf of the Implementation Project Team
Fabien Betremieux