[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Legal Review Memo for your consideration

Fabien Betremieux fabien.betremieux at icann.org
Tue Jun 9 00:09:47 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

As indicated in our last status update, we have been working to finalize the
legal review called for by Recommendation #3 of the Thick Whois PDP Final
Report (http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/whois/thick-final-21oct13-en.pdf).

Today, we provide the attached "Review of Law Applicable to the Transition
of Data from a Thin to Thick Whois Model² Memorandum.

Although we were not able to meet the 1 June 2015 deadline for publication
prior the ICANN 53 meeting (as per the Document Publication Operational
Policy
https://archive.icann.org/en/participate/draft-document-publication-operatio
nal-policy-en.pdf), we are providing the Memorandum now in hopes of taking
the opportunity of our working session in Buenos Aires on Wednesday 24 June
to discuss it
(http://buenosaires53.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-thick-whois-irt).

If you require more than the 11 working days available before our next
meeting to review the document, please let us know. We would work to
schedule an additional meeting later. In any event, we will soon circulate
an agenda and remote participation details for the 24 June meeting.

In the meantime, we welcome any comments or questions you may have on the
attached Legal Review Memo.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

--
On Behalf of the Thick Whois Implementation Project Team
Fabien Betremieux