[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Draft Thick Whois memo to the GNSO

Anderson, Marc mcanderson at verisign.com
Fri Aug 26 19:21:18 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,

During the IRT meetings held at ICANN 56 Helsinki, Joe Waldron raised concerns with the changing landscape of Privacy Laws, in particular with regard to the EU.  He pointed out that recommendation #3 of the Thick Whois policy directs the IRT to notify the GNSO should privacy issues emerge that were not anticipated by the working group.  The IRT agreed that we have an obligation to notify the GNSO and asked Verisign to draft a proposed memo from the IRT to the GNSO.

Please find attached that draft memo outlining the obligation and the reasons why we think it is necessary to provide that notification at this time.

Thank you,
Marc

Marc Anderson
mcanderson at verisign.com<mailto:mcanderson at verisign.com>