[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Thick Whois IRT status and meeting plan

Dennis Chang dennis.chang at icann.org
Mon Dec 19 21:44:11 UTC 2016

Dear Thick Whois IRT,

The Thick Whois IRT meeting for tomorrow has been cancelled as the agenda items can be handled via this status email and follow up online discussions as needed.

1.       The IRT letter regarding the emerging privacy has been delivered to the GNSO Council by our liaison Amr on 17 December 2016 and now posted on the GNSO Website.

a.       The next step on this letter is for GNSO Council to decide

2.       The Public Comment periods for both CL&D and Transition are closed and the staff is preparing the Summary reports.

a.       CL&D received 5 comments: https://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-rdds-output-20oct16/

b.       Transition received 4 comments: https://forum.icann.org/lists/comments-whois-transition-26oct16/

3.       Next IRT meeting is scheduled for 17 January 2016

a.       We plan to publish the public comment staff reports prior to this meeting

b.       Additional IRT meeting may be scheduled to meet our goal for publishing the policy announcement by the 1 February 2017

FYI. ICANN is closing for the holidays the last week of the year so our last day in the office is on the 23 December 2016.

-
Kind Regards,
Dennis S. Chang
GDD Services & Engagement Program Director
+1 213 293 7889
Skype: dennisSchang
www.icann.org   "One World, One Internet"