[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Latest IRT Contact Validation rules

gtheo gtheo at xs4all.nl
Tue Jun 14 10:53:11 UTC 2016

Greetings Team,

On the RrSG list, we had a good discussion about the Contact Validation
rules.  Though the deadline has not passed it seems the discussion faded
out and as such I am already posting some observations from my side.
There might be additions to my observations as the RrSG will briefly
touch upon this subject on the policy call next Monday. So we might get
some extra info there.

-Contact validation rules.
I did not observe any objection against this, so this is not a show
stopper.

-EPP
EPP was also discussed. Strong support, good to see that re-confirmed at
this stage.

-RDE or Alternative
Several Registrars thought RDE deposits would tackle the issue of
missing data and it could be a good alternative compared to migrating
through EPP. As one Registrar noted, we strip the RDE deposit from all
data except .com and .net we hand over the file to Verisign in whatever
format and they can put it in their system.

Some Registrars expect this approach to involve less dev time and
minimize operational impact.

So we might want to circle back on this one.
To be clear here, this approach would involve the RDE deposits from the
Registrars, not the escrow provider.

Best regards,

Theo Geurts