[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] RDE Deposit SPEC

theo geurts gtheo at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 15 19:17:20 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

Yes, I thought that is still under discussion with compliance right? Or
I am mistaken?

@Marc, while I was googling for the exact format I came upon this piece:
http://www.ironmountain.com/Knowledge-Center/Reference-Library/View-by-Document-Type/Data-Sheets-Brochures/R/Registry-Data-Escrow-FAQ.aspx

  * *gTLDs*: As part of its Registry Agreement with the Internet
    Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), each gTLD
    Registry Operator must comply with provisions contained within a
    Registry Data Escrow Agreement. That agreement requires gTLD
    Registry Operators to transfer registry data for their TLD on a
    daily basis to a reputable escrow agent to be held in escrow. ICANN
    must be named as a third-party beneficiary under each such escrow
    agreement. Escrowing registry data helps ensure continuity of
    service for the gTLD in the event of a natural disaster, a technical
    failure of a registry, or a security breach within the Domain Name
    System (DNS).

Does this apply for Verisign once they moved over to the Thick Registry
model? Just making sure we do not get blind sided during the comment
period regarding contractual obligations and the amount of data required
for those deposits.

Thanks,

Theo