[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Transition - Your Input on Open Questions - Due Mon. 9 May

Fabien Betremieux fabien.betremieux at icann.org
Thu May 5 11:46:11 UTC 2016

Dear IRT members,

In preparation for our next IRT meeting on Tue. 10 May, during which we
would like to focus our discussion on the implementation of the transition
from thin to thick, we would like to gather your thoughts on the open
questions below.

A you may recall, these questions emanate from prior discussions on the
mailing list regarding proposals for the transition of existing registration
from thin to thick. For more background, please refer our presentation
earlier this week (available at:
https://community.icann.org/display/TWCPI/IRT+Meetings).

Open questions :
1. What would the a bulk transfer be under option 2 (proposal that
registries do not impose checks or validation parameters on the registration
data being transitioned from thin to thick)  ?
2. How can we minimize the amount of ³throw away code² ?
3. Should there be a minimal set of validation parameters ? For example:
Numerical/Alphanumerical/UTF8 contraints on phone fields, requirement to
provide Contact ID and Auth Info, a maximum length of fields
4. Should we aim to synchronize implementation of the new and existing
registrations tracks ?
5. Once data is migrated, what rules should apply ? Should new and existing
registrations be treated differently based on their creation date and the
applicable RAA ?
6. Is the potential impact of option 2 on future transfers of registration
acceptable ?
Please provide your input in response to this email by Mon. 9 May COB in
your time zone.

Best Regards
--
Fabien Betremieux
Sr. Registry Services & Engagement Manager