[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Transition - Your Input on Open Questions - Due Mon. 9 May

Roger D Carney rcarney at godaddy.com
Mon May 9 15:43:50 UTC 2016

Good Morning,

  1.  What would the a bulk transfer be under option 2 (proposal that registries do not impose checks or validation parameters on the registration data being transitioned from thin to thick)  ?

     *   [RDC] I think that having two options would be best, a file option and a dedicated EPP connection(s) option.

  1.  How can we minimize the amount of "throw away code" ?
     *   [RDC] Allowing bulk through dedicated EPP connection will reuse the create and update code paths.
  2.  Should there be a minimal set of validation parameters ? For example: Numerical/Alphanumerical/UTF8 constraints on phone fields, requirement to provide Contact ID and Auth Info, a maximum length of fields
     *   [RDC] Max length, contact id, auth info.
  3.  Should we aim to synchronize implementation of the new and existing registrations tracks ?
     *   [RDC] I think that we should keep these going down separate paths, mitigating any possible delay in one path from the other path.
  4.  Once data is migrated, what rules should apply ? Should new and existing registrations be treated differently based on their creation date and the applicable RAA ?
     *   [RDC] New and existing should be treated differently. Current rules (ICANN and Registry policies) should only apply to existing registration contacts once the contact update date is greater than the transition date, exception on transfers see below.
  5.  Is the potential impact of option 2 on future transfers of registration acceptable ?
     *   [RDC] Yes, same experience as today, except that it should improve over time. There will be bad contacts on transfers and this should be allowed. This data will cleanse organically over time.

Thanks
Roger