[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Questions from last meeting, Alternative method and some comments.

Joyce Lin jlin at 007names.com
Tue Oct 4 16:35:19 UTC 2016

Hi Dennis,

If you meant to drop 2.2 completely, your combined paragraph states that by
August 1, 2017 the registry's EPP and alternative bulk transfer have to be
deployed

> 2.1. Registry Operator MUST deploy an EPP mechanism and an alternative
> bulk transfer mechanism by 1 August 2017 for registrars to migrate
> registration data for Existing Domain Names...

Then what is the deadline for those registrars who need to use alternative
bulk transfer option to apply ?   Don't we need a separate  deadline for
those registrars to apply so the registry can tell if there is indeed a need
to develop and deploy the alternative mechanism?   Or do we want the
registry go ahead to have the alternative mechanism  available by Aug. 1,
2017 regardless?

Joyce