[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Thick WHOIS Policy Implementation project update

Dennis Chang dennis.chang at icann.org
Tue Apr 18 22:44:29 UTC 2017

Dear Thick Whois IRT,

As you are aware, we have our first milestone coming up on 1 May 2017 for the Thick Whois Transition policy. https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/thick-whois-transition-policy-2017-02-01-en

“4.2 By 1 May 2017, Registry Operator MUST provide to applicable Registrars and ICANN, documentation reflecting the system changes …
4.3 By 1 May 2017, Registry Operator MUST deploy an EPP mechanism and an alternative bulk transfer mechanism in relevant Operating Test Environments (OT&E) for Registrars to test the migration of registration data for Existing Domain Names (i.e., transition from Thin to Thick).”

The thin registries have been coordinating to ensure they deliver as planned by 1 May 2017 per the policy. Furthermore, to better support the registrars in the OT&E, webinars will be conducted on 2 May 2017.

·         Session 1:  01:00-02:00 UTC

Location

Local Time

Time Zone

UTC Offset

Los Angeles<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/los-angeles> (USA - California)

Monday, May 1, 2017 at 6:00:00 pm

PDT<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/pdt>

UTC-7 hours

Washington DC<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/washington-dc> (USA - District of Columbia)

Monday, May 1, 2017 at 9:00:00 pm

EDT<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/edt>

UTC-4 hours

Corresponding UTC (GMT)

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 01:00:00<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170502T0100>

·         Session 2:  15:00-16:00 UTC

Location

Local Time

Time Zone

UTC Offset

Los Angeles<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/los-angeles> (USA - California)

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 8:00:00 am

PDT<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/pdt>

UTC-7 hours

Washington DC<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/washington-dc> (USA - District of Columbia)

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 11:00:00 am

EDT<https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/edt>

UTC-4 hours

Corresponding UTC (GMT)

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 15:00:00<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170502T1500>

The thin registries representatives from the IRT include:

·         Marc Anderson from Versign for .com and .net

·         Ray Fassett from Employ Media for .jobs

Both webinars will discuss the same content: EPP mechanism, bulk transfer mechanism, documentation of the system change and Q&A.

Michelle will be sending out meeting invitations for the sessions and we invite you to join and support the webinars.

On the CL&D Policy side, we have added more information to the examples provided in the implementation notes.
We received an inquiry regarding the domain name status and that URL links to the status definition were missing.
As such, they’ve been added, see below:

Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited<https://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited>
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited<https://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited>
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited<https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited>

We’ve also added “…” at the end of each example to note that there could be more information provided.
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/rdds-labeling-policy-2017-02-01-en

We thank the IRT for their continued support to ensure the successful implementation of the Thick Policy for all who are counting on it.

 -
Kind Regards,
Dennis S. Chang
GDD Services & Engagement Program Director
+1 213 293 7889
Skype: dennisSchang
www.icann.org[icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.icann.org&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=dqLP1wJqBvDSYLKrSEaAkCi_Kv0Mk5D_d32n29DHCN8&m=6HMQVcDwUsYzsgmR3V09pDaKPHFAoldp5BsXJThmCO0&s=2IRHae1k-JkP3dM4lPBcawsHf3aguM1fGZa0QgEK9r0&e=>   "One World, One Internet"