[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Thick WHOIS Policy Implementation project update

Dennis Chang dennis.chang at icann.org
Sun Apr 30 23:42:46 UTC 2017

Dear Thick Whois IRT,

A quick update on the Thick Whois transition:

On 24 April 2017, Verisign has issued Thick Whois transition notifications to registrars for .com, .net and .jobs with the announcement of the OT&E availability by 1 May 2017.
This is right on-schedule per our transition plan and we hope to see the first transition testing next week.
OT&E duration is from 1 May 2017 to 31 July 2017 followed by the operational start date of 1 August 2017.

The webinars we were planning for 2 May 2017 will be postponed to 25 May 2017 after the GDD Summit.
Furthermore, we will change the format to an IRT meeting where the IRT will host visitors in discussions of the transition OT&E.
We may host another such meeting on our June IRT meeting based on the need.
I’ll keep you informed as to the progress.

Thank you for your continued support for successful implementation of the Thick Whois policy.
 -
Kind Regards,
Dennis S. Chang
GDD Services & Engagement Program Director
+1 213 293 7889
Skype: dennisSchang
www.icann.org[icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.icann.org&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=dqLP1wJqBvDSYLKrSEaAkCi_Kv0Mk5D_d32n29DHCN8&m=6HMQVcDwUsYzsgmR3V09pDaKPHFAoldp5BsXJThmCO0&s=2IRHae1k-JkP3dM4lPBcawsHf3aguM1fGZa0QgEK9r0&e=>   "One World, One Internet"