[Gnso-impl-thickwhois-rt] Thick WHOIS IRT: template for additional fields for CL&D

Anderson, Marc mcanderson at verisign.com
Tue Jul 25 19:31:18 UTC 2017

Dennis,

Thank you for forwarding this template and giving us a chance to review/provide feedback.  I don’t have any concerns with the template, but I don’t have some suggestions.

*       RDS queries today are for Domain, Registrar or Nameserver.  Whois as variously defined has different response fields for each of those query types.  For clarity it probably makes sense to include a column to specify which query response type(s) the additional field(s) applies to.
*       It may be that the additional field(s) is optional.  For clarity, a column to specify if the additional field is required or not might make sense
*       Under instructions; (1) refers to cell C13, but on the form it’s actually C14.  I suggest just stating that the TLD field must be filled out rather than specifying a table cell.
*       Instruction (5) says “All yellow cell must be filled in.” mixing singular and plural.  It is probably redundant with instruction (1) anyway and could be removed.
*       Do you envision it being possible to use this form for more than one TLD?  The form says TLD (singular) but it let me enter more than one string.  I suggest clarifying if it can be used for multiple TLDs or not.
*       The rules state that only 40 additional fields may be submitted.  Is that 40 additional fields per TLD or per form?  I suggest clarifying.
*       There are a number of rules around the Key Name.  While I don’t have any issues/concerns with those rules, it would make sense to site the source (policy, specification, IETF standard, etc.) that each rule comes from.

Thanks,
Marc