[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] New task

Jonathan Robinson jonathan.robinson at ipracon.com
Sun Dec 23 10:49:59 UTC 2012

All,

Jeff Neuman raised a point on the GNSO Council list that the question being
posed to the SCI should be a simpler one focussed on the general principle
not the specific item that caused us to question the principle.  I am in
agreement with this.

Therefore my suggestion is that the SCI focus on the essential question i.e.
under what circumstances is it acceptable / permissible for a motion to be
submitted to the GNSO Council when such a motion is identical to one that
has been previously voted down by the Council.

Jeff put it well and I am support of his formulation of the question as
follows.

The question should simply be "should there be any restrictions on
resubmitting motions that previously appeared before the Council?  If so,
what should those restrictions be and are there any exceptions?

Thank-you.

Jonathan