[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] New task

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Dec 23 14:01:03 UTC 2012

How about

1 AND (2 or 3)

Some other comments inset.

On 23 Dec 2012, at 07:12, Jonathan Robinson wrote:

> Equally bad for the Council (in my view) is a vote going the "wrong" way
> based on procedural misunderstanding or glitch.

Unfortunately that is a matter of subjective judgement on whether it was a glitch or a changed vote (the oops condition or the  twisted arm condition)

This notion that we can go around the process whenever we think there was a 'wrong' way taken is the most dangerous of prevalent GNSO concepts.  And not one that the SCI should take for given, in my opinion.

> The outcome should represent the intention of the Councillors (or the groups
> directing their votes) and certainly not be an accident of a procedure.
>
> You and I should probably discuss this specific case one to one early in the
> new year.

Be glad to.

Though the specific case in the only case study in the current question, so to exclude it from discussion in the SCI as an exemplar, seems a bit problematic to me.