[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] New task

Jonathan Robinson jonathan.robinson at ipracon.com
Sun Dec 23 12:12:21 UTC 2012

Avri,

I believe I understand your concerns and the specific circumstances that
give rise to them.
My personal opinion about the specific circumstances were that we had a new
councillor who was not aware of the consequences of his action.
He should have been but that is a different issue.  Effective training and
preparation of councillors is important.

Equally bad for the Council (in my view) is a vote going the "wrong" way
based on procedural misunderstanding or glitch.
The outcome should represent the intention of the Councillors (or the groups
directing their votes) and certainly not be an accident of a procedure.

You and I should probably discuss this specific case one to one early in the
new year.

As far as the SCI is concerned my view is that we should, as far as
possible, focus on the general issue.
Our response should cover the specific item that gave rise to the question
but not be solely driven by it.

e.g. A motion is defeated.  The proposer is simply not happy or believes
that councillors can be persuaded to vote differently next time.

Question: With your three below, are they:

1 AND 2 AND 3

Or are they

1 OR 2 OR 3

I suggest the latter.