[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Council report

Angie Graves angie at webgroup.com
Wed Jun 20 19:40:19 UTC 2012

Hi All,

For the Voting Thresholds for Delaying a PDP, I see no content in the
presentation.

>From Marika, the current thresholds for terminating and initiating a PDP
are as follows:

   - Terminate a PDP: Once initiated, and prior to the publication of a
   Final Report, the GNSO Council may terminate a PDP only for significant
   cause, upon a motion that passes with a GNSO Supermajority Vote in favor of
   termination.
   - Initiate a Policy Development Process ("PDP") Within Scope (as
   described in Annex
A<http://www.icann.org/en/about/governance/bylaws#AnnexA>):
   requires an affirmative vote of more than one-third (1/3) of each House or
   more than two-thirds (2/3) of one House.

A staff recommendation has been made but has not yet gained consensus in
the group.

Best regards,

Angie