AW: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Council report

KnobenW at telekom.de KnobenW at telekom.de
Wed Jun 20 20:06:17 UTC 2012

Thanks Angie, I'll include this

Best regards
Wolf-Ulrich

________________________________
Von: angie12345 at gmail.com [mailto:angie12345 at gmail.com] Im Auftrag von Angie Graves
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2012 21:40
An: Knoben, Wolf-Ulrich
Cc: gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org
Betreff: Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Council report

Hi All,

For the Voting Thresholds for Delaying a PDP, I see no content in the presentation.

>From Marika, the current thresholds for terminating and initiating a PDP are as follows:

 *   Terminate a PDP: Once initiated, and prior to the publication of a Final Report, the GNSO Council may terminate a PDP only for significant cause, upon a motion that passes with a GNSO Supermajority Vote in favor of termination.
 *   Initiate a Policy Development Process ("PDP") Within Scope (as described in Annex A<http://www.icann.org/en/about/governance/bylaws#AnnexA>): requires an affirmative vote of more than one-third (1/3) of each House or more than two-thirds (2/3) of one House.

A staff recommendation has been made but has not yet gained consensus in the group.

Best regards,

Angie