[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] SCI meeting

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Fri Mar 16 06:43:38 UTC 2012

Hi,

Sounds like a good task for the group.

We also need to include as a base the new PDP requirements that include a individual councilor based right of deferral on PDP votes.  Or perhaps we even need to discuss if this is a good reason given the requirements these days for posting of motions and reports weeks in advance of any meeting.  The deferral made/makes a lot of sense when the information is still raw, or perhaps incomplete. But whether it makes sense in those cases where a SG/C has had the information in a stable format for weeks, is indeed debatable - in the days when the practice started, often a report was made available a few days before a vote.

Should be an interesting discussion.  I am glad the council called for the intial research.

avri