[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] RE: Revised language regarding suspension / termination of a PDP

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrlaw.com
Sat Feb 9 00:25:58 UTC 2013

Marisa,
I have taken your language and condensed it a bit as well as trying to clarify that if there is no recommendation from the WG before the Council, then there would have to be a properly seconded motion in order to require the Council to seek public comment.

I don't think anyone was intending to completely eliminate the requirement for a written report when the WG was making the recommendation.  That written Termination Report or Suspension Report was mandatory where the recommendation for suspension or termination came from the WG.   That improvement was at the very heart of this initiative and so that language has been added back where you had deleted it.

On a more minor note, I also noticed that the earlier paragraphs in this same section refer to "PDP Team" and not "PDP Working Group".  So I changed all the references to PDP Team.  It seems it should be one or the other consistently throughout unless there is some difference I do not appreciate between a PDP Team and PDP WG.  I also think it would be fine for all references to be to PDP WG and that is the term I hear used more often.

Attached is a new Feb 8 draft with the changes accepted.  While working on this, I ended up losing track of the status of my redline and would appreciate it if you could run a comparison btween this and the language the SCI reviewed in its last call so that all members can see the proposed changes in my draft.

Thank you,
Anne

[cid:673301100 at 09022013-0625]Anne E. Aikman-Scalese
Of Counsel
Lewis and Roca LLP • Suite 700
One South Church Avenue • Tucson, Arizona 85701-1611
Tel (520) 629-4428 • Fax (520) 879-4725
AAikman at LRLaw.com<mailto:AAikman at LRLaw.com> • www.LewisandRoca.com/Aikman<http://www.lewisandroca.com/Aikman>
This e-mail contains legally privileged and confidential information
intended only for the individual or entity named within the message.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the
agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this communication is prohibited.  If this communication
was received in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and delete the original message.