[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] MP3 recording of the SCI meeting - 20 February 2013

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Thu Feb 21 08:05:22 UTC 2013

Dear All,

The next meeting of the Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation meeting will be held on Wednesday, 06 Mars 2013 at 21:00 UTC.
Please note Wednesday at 21:00 UTC  is the new time for regular meetings every two weeks!

Please find the MP3 recording of the Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation meeting held on Wednesday,  20 February  2013 at 21:00UTC.
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sci-20130220-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#<http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/#oct>feb
(transcripts and recording are found on the calendar page)
At the bottom of the attendance list, you will find the list of members currently subscribed to the mailing list.

Attendees:
Ronald Andruff - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Primary - chair
Anne Aikman-Scalese - IPC Primary
J. Scott Evans - IPC - Alternate
Avri Doria - Non Commercial SG - Primary - vice chair
Jennifer Wolfe - NCA primary
Thomas Rickert - NCA - Alternate
Amr Elsadr - NCUC - Alternate
Angie Graves - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Alternate
Mary Wong - NCUC - Primary

Apologies :
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - ISPCP - Primary
James Bladel - RrSG  - Primary
Marika Konings

ICANN Staff:
Julie Hedlund
Nathalie Peregrine

Members subscribed to the mailing list

Ron Andruff - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Primary
Angie  Graves - Commercial and Business Users Constituency - Alternate
J Scott Evans -  IPC - Alternate
Anne Aikman Scalese - IPC - Primary
Tony Holmes  - ISPCP - Alternate
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben -- ISPCP - Primary

Avri Doria - Non Commercial SG - Primary - vice chair
Mary Wong - Non Commercial SG - Alternate

Alain Berranger  - NPOC primary
Jennifer Wolfe - NCA primary

Thomas Rickert -NCA alternate

James  Bladel - Registrar Stakeholder Group - Alternate
Jennifer Standiford - Registrar SG Primary
Ray Fassett - RySG - Primary
Jeff Neuman - RySG - Alternate

Jonathan Robinson - GNSO Chair - Observer

Mason Cole - GNSO Vice Chair - Observer

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.
Kind regards,

Nathalie

Adobe Connect chat transcript 20 February 2013:

  Julie Hedlund:Good morning, good afternoon, good evening everyone

  Ron A:Good afternoon, all

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello!

  Julie Hedlund:Hello Ron!

  Amr Elsadr:Hi Avri.

  J. Scott:I am on hold trying to get an operator.

  J. Scott:I am here now!

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jennifer Wolfe will be dialling in shortly

  Jennifer Wolfe:My apologies for being late to the call.

  Julie Hedlund:I defer to Avri

  Avri Doria:Where is PDP TEAM defined?

  Avri Doria:i dont remeber it as a defined term, that is why i asked.

  J. Scott:So we have Working Group Guidelines, do they applcy to PDP Teams?

  J. Scott:This is exactly the type of change that can cause a great deal of confusion.

  Avri Doria:i cant seem to download the latest versio of the bylaws.  http://gnso.icann.org/en/council/gnso-operating-procedures-13sep12-en.pdf  without requiring a new adobe something or other.

  Avri Doria:PDP Team defined in Annex 9.  form a working group, task force, committeeof the whole or drafting team (the "PDP Team")

  Avri Doria:s/9/9 section 2/

  Avri Doria:i mean s 9/2 section 9/

  Julie Hedlund:Any Council member can request a public comment

  Julie Hedlund:"a public comment period will be initiated on the request of any Council member" ?

  J. Scott:I disagree.

  Avri Doria:i think any council emnet can request a vote of the counci for a comment period.

  Avri Doria:... council member ...

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Angie Graves has joined the audio bridge

  Angie Graves:Very late.  Apologies.  Thank you.

  Julie Hedlund:"if ny Council member proposes termination or suspension"

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Mary Wong has joined the audio bridge

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Ron. :)

  Mary Wong:Hi, sorry - got called into a last minute meeting at work. Actually have to jump off shortly too but hopefully can stay on for this sub-team discussion for a bit.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Cannot take credit because I had to miss the call.  Sorry but good work was done by Mary and Thomas!

  Avri Doria:i dont think i actually did anyting

  Avri Doria:i have certainly never been in favor of 2a.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Avri, I think Mary and THomas were just reflecting J. Scott's view in 2 a

  Avri Doria:thanks.  it certainly is an option.

  Thomas Rickert:Mary, I have nothing to add!

  J. Scott:What is a "change in circumstances"?

  Julie Hedlund:All: I've jabbered Marika: re: "PDP Team" she provides  this: of the whole or drafting team (the "PDP Team"), to perform the PDP activities. The preferred model forthe PDP Team is the Working Group model due to the availability of specific Working Group rules andprocedures that are included in the GNSO Operating Rules and Procedures. The GNSO Council shouldnot select another model for conducting PDPs unless the GNSO Council first identifies the specific rulesand procedures to guide the PDP Team's deliberations which should at a minimum include those set forthin the ICANN Bylaws and PDP Manual.

  Thomas Rickert:I am happy with the language suggested by J Scott

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:@Julie, you  and Marika should determine where to use PDP Team and where to use WG - to b consistent with the rest of this section in the reivsed manual

  J. Scott:My thought was that the reasoning would be submitted at the same time the Motion is resubmitted (8-days prior)

  Avri Doria:this is way complicated for today's council members.  can you imagine this g-council understanding this?

  Mary Wong:@Avri, the first challenge will be to write it up and get it before the Council as a draft proposal to amend the GNSO Procedures :)

  Thomas Rickert:Since I am a member of the current G-council I am optimistic :-)

  Avri Doria:Thomas, I respect you for that, but just remember the degree of understand of the Operating Principles that go us into even having to consider this proposal.

  Thomas Rickert:The reason for me being optimistic is that in the light of the recent happenings I am quite sure that Councillors have either familiarized themselfes with the procesures now or are at least willing to do so.

  Mary Wong:Sorry, all, have to ring off for *another* call - thanks for the great discussion and I'll catch up on what I missed via MP3 etc. Take care!

  Avri Doria:from the previous item, Julie sent out the survey Comment on       31 January 2013 10:00:42 EST, fro a quick review there are no comments about the survey itself.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Thanks Mary - bye for now.. Anne

  Amr Elsadr:It looks like all the documents relevant to the agenda items are not on the SCI confluence page. Any chance they could be posted there?

  Julie Hedlund:They should be there, but I will make sure they are

  Julie Hedlund:They should be on the page for the relevant meeting -- in this case the 20 Feb meeting

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks Julie. That would be helpful in bringing me up to speed.

  Julie Hedlund:You are welcome Amr

  Amr Elsadr:OK..., now I see it. Thanks again, Julie.

  Thomas Rickert:Thanks, Ron!

  Avri Doria:yay, the end of 7 hours of ICANN mtgs today.

  Avri Doria:thanks all

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks everyone.

  Julie Hedlund:Thanks everyone!

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Thanks everyone Anne

  Anne Aikman-Scalese:Congrats Avri

  J. Scott:good bye

Nathalie Peregrine
GNSO Secretariat