[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] WG Self-Assessment Questionnaire (Draft v3)

Ken Bour ken.bour at verizon.net
Thu Jul 4 16:28:02 UTC 2013

SCI Team Members:

After our last teleconference (2 July), I continued my own evaluation of the
questionnaire looking for ways to sharpen and improve it including
addressing your feedback received thus far. I developed a new Draft v3 for
your review at: https://community.icann.org/x/eEZ-Ag.

In this version of the questionnaire, I made the following substantive
changes:

1.	The "Expertise" question (Section II) was modified in an attempt to
address Ron's observation about the expected variability in team members'
knowledge/skill.
2.	Tangential to Ron's concern, I added a new disclaimer in the note
just before Section II to explain how respondents might approach the
challenge of assigning individual ratings to complex dimensions.
3.	In Section V, I substituted "Engagement" for "Participation" and
changed the wording of the first question to address Wolf-Ulrich's feedback
entered as a comment to Draft v2.
4.	I elected to break out Personal Dimensions and Demographics into two
independent sections. Each one represents a logically distinct category;
furthermore, the table headings simply did not apply correctly to the
Demographics questions.
5.	Added a third question to the Personal Dimensions which I labeled
"Willingness-to-Serve" for want of a better noun. This question seeks to
understand whether the WG experience influences one's propensity to serve
again in the future assuming all other conditions (e.g., topic, need/fit,
availability) are favorable. In other words, are we systematically building
or eroding volunteer capacity?

I look forward to your feedback on this third iteration of the WG
Self-Assessment instrument.

As you may know, I will not be present in Durban; however, if the team
wishes to continue working on this project and would like my involvement, I
am willing to join in any/all sessions remotely if technical conditions
(e.g., room connections) permit.

Regards,

Ken