[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] RE: Origin of the GNSO Council request to review the existing Consensus Levels

Ron Andruff randruff at rnapartners.com
Tue Feb 4 18:13:39 UTC 2014

+1 Mary. Very helpful.


Thank you,




Ron Andruff

RNA Partners

 <http://www.rnapartners.com> www.rnapartners.com 


From: owner-gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org
[mailto:owner-gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org] On Behalf Of Cintra Sooknanan
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2014 15:12
To: Mary Wong
Cc: gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org
Subject: Re: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Actions from 28 January SCI Meeting


Thank you Mary


The content and structure of this document is quite useful. 






On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Mary Wong <mary.wong at icann.org
<mailto:mary.wong at icann.org> > wrote:

Dear SCI members,


As requested, staff has prepared a background briefing document on the
origin of the GNSO Council request for the SCI to review the existing
Consensus Levels in the current WG Guidelines. The attached document lays
out the creation, timelines and deliverables of the IGO-INGO PDP WG as well
as the community context it was working in and the origin of the SCI
request. It also includes the specific language in the WG Final Report
relating to the request, links to relevant meeting transcripts and
recordings, and a number of options for the SCI to consider.


I hope this is helpful to Thomas, Cintra and Amr in their sub-group
discussions and more generally to the whole SCI.






Mary Wong

Senior Policy Director

Internet Corporation for Assigned Names & Numbers (ICANN)

Telephone: +1 603 574 4892 <tel:%2B1%20603%20574%204892> 

Email: mary.wong at icann.org <mailto:mary.wong at icann.org> 


* One World. One Internet. *


From: Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund at icann.org
<mailto:julie.hedlund at icann.org> >
Date: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:23 PM
To: "gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org
<mailto:gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org> " <gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org
<mailto:gnso-improvem-impl-sc at icann.org> >
Subject: [gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Actions from 28 January SCI Meeting


Dear SCI members,


Please see below the actions from the 28 January meeting.  These also have
been posted to the wiki page for our next meeting on 11 February at:


1.  Review of the GNSO Working Group Guidelines Consensus Levels: The SCI
will continue discussion on this issue.  Staff will locate links to
transcripts for the SCI members to review as background.  The sub team
addressing the issue is Amr, Cintra, Greg, and Thomas.


2.  Waivers/Exceptions to GNSO Operating Procedures: The SCI will continue
discussion on this issue.  The sub team addressing this issue is Greg and


3.  Voting by email:  The SCI will continue discussion on this issue.  Staff
is checking with the GNSO Secretariat as to current method used for absentee
voting (i.e. general email or actual electronic ballot).  The sub team
working on this issue is Anne, Avri, and Thomas.


Best regards,




Julie Hedlund, Policy Director



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-improvem-impl-sc/attachments/20140204/f85abfb5/attachment.html>

More information about the Gnso-improvem-impl-sc mailing list