[gnso-improvem-impl-sc] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat from SCI call 19 May 2016

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Thu May 19 22:04:38 UTC 2016

Dear All,
Please find the MP3 recording of the Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation meeting held on Thursday, 19 May 2016: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-sci-19may16-en.mp3

On page:http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may

(transcripts and recording are found on the calendar page)

Attendees:

Anne Aikman-Scalese - IPC - Primary - Vice Chair
Amr Elsadr - NCUC - Primary
Lawrence Olawale-Roberts - BC - Alternate
Lori Schulman - IPC - Alternate
Wolf-Ulrich Knoben - ISPCP - Primary
Angie Graves - BC - Primary

Apologies:
Rudi Vansnick - NPOC -Primary -Chair
Sara Bockey - RrSG - Primary

ICANN Staff:

Mary Wong
Julie Hedlund

Michelle DeSmyter

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Michelle DeSmyter

Adobe Chat Transcript 19 May 2016
 Michelle DeSmyter:Welcome to the Standing Committee on Improvements Implementation (SCI) meeting held on 19 May 2016 at 18:00 UTC.
  Amr Elsadr:Hi Angie.
  Lori:I recommend deleting "dealing with"
  Lori:unnecessary words
  Julie Hedlund:@Lori: Where doe "dealing with" appear?
  Lori:Heading of 2.2.1
  Julie Hedlund:I'm happy to note the suggested change.
  Julie Hedlund:@Lori: Thank you.  So we would say, "Procedures for a situation..."?
  Lori:yes.
  Julie Hedlund:@Lori: Thank you!
  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:agree
  Angie Graves:agree
  Amr Elsadr:+1
  Julie Hedlund:Check marks of agreement from Lori, Amr, Angie, and Anne.
  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:ok, understood
  Amr Elsadr:@Julie: Sounds good to me.
  Julie Hedlund:All, the bracket language to be appended as follows: [no later than 23h59 Coordinate Universal Time (UTC)]
  Julie Hedlund:prior to "14 calendar days"
  Julie Hedlund:In both 2 and 3
  Amr Elsadr:I have no objection to interim VCs being appointed past the deadline, but would be concerned that a House would consume more time to conclude its selection when other important things are happening. We could let the House make a judgment call on whether this is desirable, or not.
  Julie Hedlund:@Amr: Thank you.  So, in that case we wouldn't need to put something in the procedures?
  Amr Elsadr:Not so sure about that Julie. The current language doesn't seem to allow for appointments past the deadline.
  Amr Elsadr:The important issue here would be that Council business (including a second round of elections) not be delayed.
  Lori:Anne, would you like me to fill in for you if you need to call the doctor?
  Julie Hedlund:@Anne: If we had consensus language first.
  Julie Hedlund:If I recall correctly.
  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:@Amr, that's exactly what should be avoided
  Lori:Julie can.
  Amr Elsadr:@Anne: You're not wrong. :)
  Amr Elsadr:@Lori: I also said that I would have concerns with this. ;-)
  Lori:ok.  I may have conflated the comments.
  Lori:Lowered my hand
  Lori:Maybe label it Chair Elections?
  Amr Elsadr:@Lori: Yes. +1. :)
  Julie Hedlund:@Lori: Yes!
  Amr Elsadr:I believe the third column is helpful, but shouldn't it give a better indication of the time available to submit a candidate statement.
  Amr Elsadr:..., similar to that pointing out the 30 days for "House Nominee Selection"?
  Amr Elsadr:@WUK: +1
  Wolf-Ulrich Knoben:ok, I'll send my sugestion to the list
  Julie Hedlund:@Anne: I've already noted adding "Chair" in the title of the section -- thanks!
  Julie Hedlund:@Wolf-Ulrich: Thanks so much, very helpful.  I just want to make sure I get it right :-)
  Lori:Remarkably, I am free.
  Amr Elsadr:Thanks all. Bye.