[Gnso-newgtld-dg] Introductions

Anthony Harris anthonyrharris at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 13:52:02 UTC 2014

Hello everybody,

I am Anthony Harris, member of the executive team of the ISPCP Constituency.

Am also Executive Director of the Argentina Internet Association (CABASE),
and Executive Director
of the Latin America and Caribbean Federation of Internet and Electronic
Commerce ( an applicant
for the new gTLD - '.lat' )

I was a member of the GNSO Council task force which developed the first
version of the Applicant
Guidebook for new gTLDs in 2006.

Many useful suggestions have been expressed to fuel the content discussions
of this WG, I would
simply add a wish to the list: perhaps this time we can shorten the lead
time to acceptance of
applications for the second round of new gTLDs, since the ferocious lobby
against the program
that was unleashed by known actors - the program was more or less described
as the "mother
of all evils" - successfully delayed the application process for four
years. Internet innovation
and deployment times tend to be considerably shorter...

Tony Harris