[Gnso-newgtld-dg] Introductions

Susan Payne susan.payne at valideus.com
Thu Jul 31 18:16:56 UTC 2014

Hi all

My name is Susan Payne and I am Head of Legal Policy at Valideus, supporting applicants for over 120 new gTLD registries, all of whom are owners of global brands.  I'm also currently secretary of the NTAG.   Prior to joining Valideus earlier this year, I worked for a UK media company and was one of the team managing its application for a dotBrand, as well as being responsible for the protection of the company's brands across the new TLDs at the second level.  I would like to see some of the lessons from the first round actually addressed and in particular a recognition that one size does not fit all and is not the most efficient way to proceed either for applicants or ICANN staff.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Susan Payne
Head of Legal Policy | Valideus Ltd
2nd Floor, 28-30 Little Russell Street
London, WC1A 2HN, United Kingdom