[Gnso-newgtld-dg] Introductions

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Thu Jul 31 23:03:40 UTC 2014

	My name is David Cake, I'm a GNSO councillor for the Non-Commercia Stakeholder Group, and currently one of the Vice-Chairs of the GNSO Council. I've also formerly been Chair of the Non-Commercial Users Constituency. I also served on the Security Stability and Resiliency Review Team.
	I'm the Chair of Electronic Frontiers Australia, an internet civil rights lobby group (not part of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, more of a similar sibling organisation).
	I also teach about the Internet for Curtin College in Perth, Western Australia and I'm currently also a graduate student, Prior to that, I did freelance software development, technical consulting, and system administration.

	Like many others, I think the public policy side of the last GNSO round was a mess, as were many other parts of the process. I don't want a long delayed second round, but there are a lot of things we should fix.

	Regards

		David