[Gnso-newgtld-dg] - Draft Issue Categorization

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Oct 3 05:55:15 UTC 2014

Given the concerns raised repeatedly by both the GAC and the ALAC, I'm
surprised that there is NOTHING in the chart regarding public interest
issues, most notably regarding the "Public Interest Committment"  regime
that was implemented without any consultation and is considered, by both
advisory committees, as generally worthless. Have a look at the recent
public comment process done by the ALAC, in which all of the submissions
that were not from applicants or contracted parties were highly critical of
this component.

The PIC issue continues to be on the table, and is on the agenda for the
ALAC/GAC meeting during ICANN51. Its problems must be addressed in future
rounds.

- Evan

On 2 October 2014 19:38, Steve Chan <steve.chan at icann.org> wrote:

> Dear DG Members,
>
> Following the email detailing the proposed agenda, please find attached a
> draft mind map that staff has prepared to attempt to categorize the issues
> identified by DG members. This draft is expected to serve as a point of
> discussion in regards to item 3 of the proposed agenda. It is suggested
> that DG members review the draft ahead of time to ensure that their issues
> are both included and captured accurately.
>
> Note, the draft mind map is attached as a PDF, as well as text, for
> options in reviewing the document.
>
> Best,
>

> *Steven Chan*
> Sr. Policy Manager
>

> *ICANN*12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
>
> Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536
> steve.chan at icann.org
>
> direct: +1.310.301.3886
> mobile: +1.310.339.4410