[Gnso-newgtld-dg] - Draft Issue Categorization

Pam Little pam.little12 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 02:51:55 UTC 2014

Dear DG Colleagues,

I apologize for missing previous meetings and the meeting scheduled for 6
October at 14:00 UTC due to time zone issue.

I have a few comments or suggestions regarding items listed on the draft
Mind Map for your consideration.

1.       "Ombudsman processes need to be formalized"  - I would like to
propose a minor amendment to read: "Ombudsman processes and timelines need
to be formalized".

2.       The following "Registrar Concerns" seem more or less relating to
non-discriminatory treatment or non-discriminatory access to registry
services:

.       Requirement for provision of RAA [sic] in English non-binding
reference copy

.       Sunrise notice requirement expanded to availability of complete
accreditation documentation and agreements at the time of the sunrise notice
to allow timely accreditation

.       Ry requirements to disclose all promotional programs offered to
registrars

.       More transparency in contracting (NDAs, RRA, side letters, etc.)

So perhaps "clarify the requirement of non-discriminatory access to registry
services" should be the issue and the above could be examples or detailed
implementation requirements instead. If not, I would suggest this issue be
looked under "Review of vertical integration and its marketplace impact"
(currently under Misc).

3.       In addition, I would suggest adding two new issues under Misc:

a.       Review non-discriminatory treatment as it applies to registries
(see Section 3 of ICANN Bylaws below)

b.      Review ICANN's conflict of interest framework and enforcement

Section 3. NON-DISCRIMINATORY TREATMENT

ICANN shall not apply its standards, policies, procedures, or practices
inequitably or single out any particular party for disparate treatment
unless justified by substantial and reasonable cause, such as the promotion
of effective competition.

Regards,

Pam Little