[Gnso-newgtld-dg] Attendance and MP3 New gTLDs meeting - Monday 06 October 2014

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Mon Oct 6 18:39:25 UTC 2014

Dear All,

 Please find the MP3 recording for the GNSO New gTLDs Subsequent Rounds Discussion Group  call held on Monday 06 October 2014 at 14:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-20141006-en.mp3

On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#oct> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#oct

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Brett Fausett - RySG

Susan Payne - IPC

Craig Schwartz - Applicant

Jennifer Wolfe - Non Commerical

Stephanie Duchesneau - RySG

Tom Lowenhaupt - ALAC

Sam Lanfranco - NPOC

Tobias Sattler - RrSG

Donna Austin-RrSG

Jeff Neuman-RySG

Jeffrey Eckhaus-RySG

Mason Cole-RySG

Liz Williams- RySG

Michelle Sara King – SOI

Christopher Niemi-SOI

Stephane van Gelder – BC

Katim Touray – Individual

Bart Lieben-SOI

Michele Neylon-RrSG

Dietmar Lenden – RySG

Jon Nevett – RySG

Michael Palage – RySG

Johannes Lenz-Hawliczek – RySG

Kristina Rosette – IPC

Apologies:

Philip Corwin – BC

Ron Andruff – BC

Pam Little – RySG

Iliya Bazlyankov – RrSG

Avri Doria-NCSG

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Steve Chan

Lars Hoffmann

Terri Agnew

Mailing list archives:

 <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-newgtld-dg/> http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-newgtld-dg/

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/OrXhAg> https://community.icann.org/x/OrXhAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri Agnew

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 06 October 2014:

  Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the GNSO New gTLDs Subsequent Rounds Discussion Group  on the 06 October 2014

  Michele Neylon:did I hear speaking?

  Steve Chan:yes, just pleasantries between Terri and me

  Michele Neylon:grand

  Michele Neylon:thought I'd slipped into an alternate reality where I lost 10 minutes

  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Perhaps that was me. I'd like to confirm that my audio is working.

  Thomas Lowenhaupt:thnaks.

  Katim S. Touray:Hi everyone!

  Bret Fausett, Uniregistry:Steve, can you remind me of when our face to face is scheduled for the LA meeting?

  Steve Chan:@Bret, the meeting time is in the notes section on the right

  Bret Fausett, Uniregistry:Thanks!

  Steve Chan:And thanks for helping me realize the day was missing!

  Kristina Rosette:Apologies in adviance, but I'll have to miss the part of our meeting in LA that overlaps with the GAC GeoNames session.

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Jeff Neuman

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Stephane Van Gelder

  Jeff Neuman (Neustar):Hello all. I am on a train, so I a may likely come in and out due to reception issues

  Michele Neylon:I'll apologise in advance for the LA meeting

  Michele Neylon:I probably have a conflict

  Terri Agnew:Bart Lieben has joined audio

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Donna Austin

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Stephanie Duchesneau

  Tobias Sattler:Hi there, sorry for being late.

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Sam Lanfranco and Tobias Sattler

  stephane van gelder:Message to whomever is managing the adobe room access: Liz Williams is trying to get in but is being refused.

  Lars Hoffmann:@stephane = could you let her know to use her name to sign in?

  Michele Neylon:I can't see anything

  Michele Neylon:all I see is blue

Mason Cole:same here

  Jeff Neuman (Neustar):me too

  Jeffrey Eckhaus:blue screen here as well

  Bret Fausett, Uniregistry:The mind map is not showing in my instance of Adobe. Can others see it?

  Thomas Lowenhaupt:I've downloaded it and am seeingit as pdf. But it's not visible on my Adobe screen.

  Michele Neylon:I can't see it

  stephane van gelder:can( see it either

  stephane van gelder:can't

  Michelle Sara King-FairWinds Partners:I can't see it either

  Christopher Niemi:I can't see it either

  Steve Chan 2:https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/49356545/New%20gTLD%20Subsequent%20Procedures_MM_3Oct2014.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1412375321000&api=v2

  Thomas Lowenhaupt:The pdf needs a key for acronyms.

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Liz Williams

  Lars Hoffmann:dear all - the pdf is in the AC room and you can zoom in/out witht he +/- button at the bottom of the screen.

  stephane van gelder:The group's task is to "flesh out" possible issues for the subsequent rounds, isn't it?

  stephane van gelder:I am not aware that the GNSO has started any PDP on subsequent rounds at the moment, so would agree with Jon that policy vs implementation is probably premature

  Terri Agnew:@Katim we are unable to hear you

  Terri Agnew:@Katim, we can now hear you

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Johannes Lenz-Hawliczek

  Johannes Lenz-Hawliczek:thanky Teri, sorry to be late

  Michele Neylon:Katim put yourself on mute please

  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Will there be a live feed for those not in LA?

  Kristina Rosette:losing my voice so typing:  As a new member, I think it would be helpful to use some of our LA time to run through the mind map to make sure that we all have a common understanding of each time on the mind map.

  Kristina Rosette:oops. "time on the mind map" should be "item on the mind map"

  Donna Austin, ARI:Brett, how does this work compliment ICANN's draft work plan? I

  Donna Austin, ARI:thanks Bret

  Steve Chan:Update on Next Round of New gTLDs - 15:15-16:30 on Monday

  LizW:I wonder if it's worthwhile starting to put together a more cogent and organised document?  The mindmap is very useful but could we/should we do more at this stage?

  Katim S. Touray:+1 LizW. And I think Bret is also thinking along those lines when he talks about drafting teams

  Jon Nevett:Great job all

  Thomas Lowenhaupt:Thanks Bret and all.

  Jeff Neuman (Neustar):thanks Bret!

  stephane van gelder:Thanks all

  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus Ltd:cheers all - see you next week

  Susan Payne Valideus:thanks Bret

  Katim S. Touray:Thanks everyone! That was a brief meeting!

  Tobias Sattler:Thanks, bye bye