[Gnso-newgtld-dg] - Issues / Recommendations Matrix and Executive Summary

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Mon Mar 16 16:50:31 UTC 2015

Dear DG Members,

As discussed on today¹s group call, staff is circulating the updated Issues
/ Recommendations matrix that was last edited by Jeff Neuman, along with his
short explanation regarding the proposed groupings he included in the
document (see below). I have also included his updated Executive Summary. As
noted by Jeff on the call, the co-chairs request feedback by 30 Mar 2015 and
preferably before, so as to be able to include for discussion during the DG
call on 30 Mar 2015 at 14:00 UTC.

Note, I have incorporated Philip Shepard¹s proposed changes into tab 2 of
the attached Excel sheet.

"I refer to the Matrix that has Policies A-G, 1-20 and IG A through IG-R.
With respect to the Potential New topics I refer to Excel row number in that
2nd tab)

Group 1:  Overall Process / Support / Outreach :  A, C, 1, 9, 10 (concept),
12 (Concept), 13, IG A, IG B, IG C, IG D, IG E, IG I, IG M, IG N, IG O, IG
Q, New Row 3)

Group 2:  Legal / Regulatory: 5, 10 (substance), 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, IG J,
IG K, IG L, New Row 2, New Row 4, New Row 5, New Row 6

Group 3:  Contentions / Objections & Disputes:  G, 2, 3, 6, 12, 20, IG F, IG
H, IG P, IG R

Group 4:  Internationalized Domain Names:  B, 18

Group 5:  Technical and Operations:  D, E, F, 4, 7, 8, New Row 7 (Name
Collision)"

Best,

Steven Chan
Sr. Policy Manager