[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1] recording, Attendance & AC Chat for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Aug 16 17:08:18 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email and the AC Chat below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue held on Tuesday, 16 August 2016 at 15:00 UTC.
<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-16may16-en.mp3>

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/7AObAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 16 August 2016

   Terri Agnew:Welcome to the first call for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue call held on Tuesday, 16 August 2016 at 15:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

  Terri Agnew:wiki agenda page: https://community.icann.org/x/0QisAw

  Karen Yu:Hi all, this is Karen Yu from ZDNS joining.

  Steve Coates:I will buy drinks for the volunteer, at least twice.

  Rubens Kuhl:I got the impression that Christa Taylor volunteered when filing up the names for this work track.

  Christopher Dennett:Is there a way to have a rolling leadership?

  Sara Bockey:I've never chaired anything. would be willing to try cochairing with someone

  Donna Austin, Neustar:I do not

  Jon Nevett:Go Sara!!!

  Steve Coates:I'll 2nd Sara.

  Donna Austin, Neustar:object that is

  Laura Watkins (Nominet):As a newbie to being on a WG I don't feel I have enough background experience to take on this role.  I am happy to help with drafting or coordinating inputs where I can.

  Laura Watkins (Nominet):No objections to Sara co-Chairing

  Sara Bockey:sure.

  Sara Bockey:I will need direction LOL

  Jeff Neuman:Sara - We will help you

  Sara Bockey:thank you jeff

  Ashley Roberts:Thanks Sara

  Jeff Neuman:Glad to see you join the leadership team :)

  Sara Bockey:audio?

  Jeff Neuman:@sara can you hear ICANN staff

  Sara Bockey:no

  Jeff Neuman:Audio is on

  Julie Hedlund:@ Terri -- can you check Sara's audio?

  Terri Agnew:@Sara, to active your mic, select telephone icon top tool bar and follow prompts

  Michael Flemming:yes, these hours are rather difficult for ALAC members

  Terri Agnew:OR, select audio tab /dial out

  Michael Flemming:anything before 17 utc is workable from here

  Rubens Kuhl:Besides the work items already listed for this work track, the one for work track 2 lists a few items in red, 3 of them suggested to move to WT1.

  Rubens Kuhl:They are:

  Rubens Kuhl:"TLD Rollout: Was adequate time allowed for rollout of TLD? When should recurring fees due to ICANN begin? - Suggestion to move this topic to Track 1."

  Rubens Kuhl:"Misc - Suggestion to add selection and guidance provided to New gTLD Program service providers. Was brought up in the context of objection service providers, so may be more appropriate for Track 3. Or if the topic is to be broadened to all service providers, perhaps Track 1."

  Michael Flemming 2:sorry, I meant apac hours

  Donna Austin, Neustar:the Council will have a discussion on 1 September

  Rubens Kuhl:GNSO Council will likely forward the question to the WG...

  Karen Yu: Agree with Michael on the schedule, this could be difficult for APAC participants.

  Karen Yu:Thank you Avri.

  Avri Doria:https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=60490732

  Terri Agnew:Will add Carlos to apology list for today's meeting

  Kurt Pritz:How do these items tie to the items in the schedule we had up earlier. Each one of these items should map to an item listed on the schedule. It seems to mer that each item on the schedule, e.g., Application Fees, can be scheduled and addressed. I am not sure we can schedule or ever fully address a work item entitled, "is the AGB the right implementation of the GNSO policy." That item and other are not sufficiently defined in order to plan our work.\

  Rubens Kuhl:I think that this, and all work tracks, should sort out policy issues from implementation issues so we can move faster on both kinds of issues.

  Rubens Kuhl:There is an item from Work Track 2 marked for moving to WT1: "TLD Rollout: Was adequate time allowed for rollout of TLD? When should recurring fees due to ICANN begin? - Suggestion to move this topic to Track 1." . We should agree or disagree, and if agree, incorporate it.

  Jeff Neuman:Thanks Rubens.  I will make sure to address in the WT 2 meeting

  Sara Bockey:thanks all

  Tom Dale (ACIG GAC Secretariat):Thank you all.

  Jeff Neuman:Thanks!

  Julie Hedlund:Thanks everyone.  Have a great day!

  Ashley Roberts:Thanks

  Rubens Kuhl:Thanks all, congrats Sara!

  Rubens Kuhl:Bye...

  Katrin Ohlmer | DOTZON GmbH:Bye ALl