[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1] recording, Attendance & AC Chat for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Dec 13 04:29:53 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email and the AC Chat below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue held on Tuesday, 13 December 2016 at 03:00 UTC.
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__audio.icann.org_gnso_gnso-2Dnew-2Dgtld-2Dsubsequent-2D16may16-2Den.mp3&d=DQMF-g&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=_fjAZ8X8f1kW0l0GMcnTYAJub8JIzI-nbGkDB_FNy0s&s=Xc2HCgoInyY4sazVMVxejDycY3Vw2SBD9TFBrxEGM60&e=>

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/7AObAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 13 December 2016

  Terri Agnew:Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue  call on Tuesday, 13 December 2016 at 03:00 UTC.

  Terri Agnew:agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_HZPDAw&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=RMPzdu4fYPZKzc8wqosSrxWyUhZDSWkeFp3Vx0ChJXQ&s=F9TmLW5MYTCq7y7BYWekllCgQ0Ffbws7Kw9oiO-jSzg&e=

  Yoshi Murakami:Hi

  Steve Chan:@Sara, the slides are unsynced - did you want to have control over them for the group?

  Christa Taylor:yes please we need to be on Schedule of Topics

  Kurt Pritz:can you paste the link into the chat?

  Christa Taylor:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__icann572016.sched.com_event_8dQO_registry-2Dservice-2Dprovider-2Dcertification&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=RMPzdu4fYPZKzc8wqosSrxWyUhZDSWkeFp3Vx0ChJXQ&s=Kg5GSpNuOFICSnIgWc7GUanlXsAWzSfml-9R4BCvXgI&e=

  Kurt Pritz:thanks Christa

  Terri Agnew:@Sara, we are unable to hear you

  Sara Bockey:ok let me log back in

  Kurt Pritz:this is a link to the Hyderabad meeting on accreditation, correct?

  Trang Nguyen:@Donna, my understanding is that the efforts that Francisco is leading is targeted at improving the process for RSP changes for current ROs under the existing RA.

  Rubens Kuhl:I can't talk loud at this our in my timezone, but one idea is to lift a bit vertical integration restrictions for under-developed markets.

  Rubens Kuhl:(at this time)

  Justine Chew:+1 Kurt

  Justine Chew:Wasn't there some thought about simplifying the application process too?

  Rubens Kuhl:I just did what Alan mentioned, see above in the chat... ;-)

  Kurt Pritz:Good idea Alan

  Justine Chew:Sorry I could be jumping the gun on the next agenda item :)

  Rubens Kuhl:The mirror idea of lifting vertical integration restrictions is to establish must-carry rules for registrars. Which are bound to be unpopular.

  Donna Austin, Neustar:@ Rubens, if you can shift it to a collaborative partnering similar to what Kurt suggested, then it might be more palatable if considered voluntary and for the greater good of the industry.

  Kurt Pritz:Should we agree to get some opinions like alan said?

  Rubens Kuhl:That's why I prefer the non-mirror, original idea: not forcing anyone to do something they don't want to.

  Steve Chan:Here is the link to the AMGlobal report - https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_download_attachments_58735925_New-2520gTLDs-2520and-2520the-2520Global-2520South-2520-2D-2D-2520Understanding-2520Limited-2520Demand-2520and-2520Options-2520Going-2520Forward-252010-2D31-2D16.docx-3Fversion-3D1-26modificationDate-3D1481599337569-26api-3Dv2&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=RMPzdu4fYPZKzc8wqosSrxWyUhZDSWkeFp3Vx0ChJXQ&s=w54s6lF99dVovoGoHvwj2oR6osrZgvzD_rVi--6KwYA&e=

  Steve Chan:This study was conducted on behalf of the CCT-RT

  Rubens Kuhl:CQs answers were not available. Confirmed by Christine Willet.

  Trang Nguyen:The PIRR report provides the number of CQs issued for each of the application questions.

  Trang Nguyen:CQs and responses were not posted.

  Steve Chan:And here is a link to that report again: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__newgtlds.icann.org_en_reviews_implementation_program-2Dreview-2D29jan16-2Den.pdf&d=DgIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=RMPzdu4fYPZKzc8wqosSrxWyUhZDSWkeFp3Vx0ChJXQ&s=_Ii-XKOpnosVVUKFTc-05bzOraN7et8Wdr4FrvSwPn8&e=

  Steve Chan:Program Implementation Review Report = PIRR

  Rubens Kuhl:The questions and answers for CQs for publicly-posted questions had no reason to not be published.

  Trang Nguyen:As Donna mentioned, CQs could be indicative of the nature of the question, which is not a process issue. They could also be an indication of the non-structured way that answers were collected, which is a process issue that can be fixed.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I agree Rubin's..

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorry I am father quite today now about to start driving and so will not be readily available in chat either just audio

  Rubens Kuhl:Just to add an opt-out mechanism on invoices... some countries, including mine, have a bit bizarre tax system.

  Kurt Pritz:I agree we don't have the future cost but it could be markedly lower than previous rounds cost. The application could be simplified, risks could be mitigated, fixed costs might be reduced the second time around.

  Kurt Pritz:Omigosh, it would be a mess trying to allocate costs for each of these types and watch the applicants trying to qualify for lower application fees

  Rubens Kuhl:I think the WT is ready for doing a Consensus Call on the model being cost-recovery, but it hasn't happened yet AFAIK.

  Rubens Kuhl:Noting that cost-recovery doesn't mean granular cost-recovery. Agree with Kurt on losing efficiencies by trying to set a per-type cost.

  Alan Greenberg:I have a problem voting for one option not knowing what the other(s) might be.

  Christopher Niemi:Alan +1

  Rubens Kuhl:Different from cost-recovery could be "market value" pricing.

  Rubens Kuhl:(Which I do not support, but identify as an option)

  Rubens Kuhl:Even the 185,000 was already cost-recovery...

  Donna Austin, Neustar 2:@Rubens, yes it was based on the cost-recovery but it was not accurate for various reasons

  Donna Austin, Neustar 2:+89m at this point

  Rubens Kuhl:Donna, perhaps the policy and the implementation drifted apart, but the policy guidance was cost-recovery and this still seems to resonante with people.

  Kurt Pritz:we won't know costs until the policy and implementation work is done, i.e., when we have a new question set. E.g., if categories are included, that would drive costs up; and the form of objection processes drive costs also.

  avri doria:the policy last time was cost recovery, but the cost being 'recovered' was not exactly agreed upon by all.

  Justine Chew:Sorry, I have to drop off now. Catch up next time.

  Donna Austin, Neustar 2:Thanks Sara

  Rubens Kuhl:We should only use FCFS if no rounds/windows. If using slotted system, we should not use FCFS, like what was done in the 2012-round.

  Donna Austin, Neustar 2:i think my answer would be B.

  Trang Nguyen:There are potential impacts to FCFS, CQs for example.

  Kurt Pritz:I agree with Rubens  - the queueing should be as the previous round.

  Trang Nguyen:Thank you, all. Bye.

  Donna Austin, Neustar 2:thanks Sara and Christa