[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1] Request for Input - new gTLDs - Work Track 1

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Tue Oct 18 13:24:56 UTC 2016

Donna,

Thanks for the contribution. I have some follow-up questions and comments
- Which Security & Stability issues are seen by NSR regarding RSP accreditation ? They are mentioned in slide 2 but not detailed further down, and I fail to see any issue that wouldn't affect all new gTLDs, no matter having RSP accreditation or not.
- The 3rd party certifier for scaling purposes is an interesting addition, but I would prefer such 3rd party to not have an ICANN contract. Perhaps DNA could sponsor the development of the test methodology and then RSPs willing to go thru testing pay for their specific tests ? Perhaps something like the Tolly Group tests of network devices.
- Although showing technical competence was a 2012-round policy requirement, whether this should be kept as an application requirement or just a contract signing requirement is still a policy matter for this WG. The tick in a box could be "I agree to only use certified RSPs or certify my own infrastructure prior to signing an agreement". BTW, in which WT should this discussion reside ?

Rubens