[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1] Recording, Attendance & AC Chat from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team ­ Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue call on Tuesday, 25 April 2017

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Apr 25 04:17:11 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email
and the AC Chat below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team -
Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue held on Tuesday, 25 April
2017 at 03:00 UTC.

Adobe Connect Recording:
<https://participate.icann.org/p12my6zhdo8/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=270a392f7eacd741
b08abf3f2654f84519ad6e8cf34f5cf5e6c5e8497ddb0bc4>
https://participate.icann.org/p12my6zhdo8/

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1

Agenda wiki page:  <https://community.icann.org/x/_7DRAw>
https://community.icann.org/x/_7DRAw

 Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 25 April 2017

    Terri Agnew:Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team -
Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue call on Tuesday, 25 April
2017 at 3:00 UTC.

  Terri Agnew:agenda wiki page:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_-
5F7DRAw
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_
-5F7DRAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSF
pCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jZkO63PoGHEjIFn6twujY6w4nJ6RxaHeiFDpCX7u
ejQ&s=pExutxgVaNeM6YYGfUVwmsTIP6n2IHVdhdScfVJ8ClA&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jZkO63PoGHEjIFn6twujY6w4nJ6RxaHeiFDpCX7uejQ&s=pE
xutxgVaNeM6YYGfUVwmsTIP6n2IHVdhdScfVJ8ClA&e=

  avri doria:i am on adobe and don't hear

  Jeff Neuman:I am on Adobe and I can hear

  Terri Agnew:Checking audio, can I be heard at this time?

  Steve Chan:I can't hear you Terri

  Terri Agnew:If having audio issue on adobe , try logging in using a
different browser

  Terri Agnew:or ping me with your telephone number and I can dial out to
you

  Jeff Neuman:I can hear Terri now

  Steve Chan:I can hear as well and I'm on phone. (Jeff is on AC)

  Jeff Neuman:Avri has left the building

  Terri Agnew:@Avri, can you hear me at this time?

  avri doria:nope and tried to call in, but that did not work either

  avri doria:even rebooted

  Terri Agnew:I will send you a private chat

  Jim Prendergast:same here. I'd probably need some tie to review it,
especially not at this hour.

  Jim Prendergast:on point 2 - is that implying that someone other than the
front end registry aka applicant should bear the costs?  I don't thnk you
are suggesting technical service providers actually pay for it are you?

  Jeff Neuman:Can we post the link

  Jeff Neuman:And make suggestions

  Steve Chan:Available here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_documen
t_d_1nWljRzRgDQgmSlSxyf7G6f2Dv7XDoD01D30KfWhoHNw_edit
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_docume
nt_d_1nWljRzRgDQgmSlSxyf7G6f2Dv7XDoD01D30KfWhoHNw_edit&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6
wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2
EBk&m=jZkO63PoGHEjIFn6twujY6w4nJ6RxaHeiFDpCX7uejQ&s=f7HazjgaVR1hFdjtZicPZVrI
U_yxsvmGQ1KJfetsRA4&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=jZkO63PoGHEjIFn6twujY6w4nJ6RxaHeiFDpCX7uejQ&s=f7
HazjgaVR1hFdjtZicPZVrIU_yxsvmGQ1KJfetsRA4&e=

  Jeff Neuman:If there are specific questions, please ask....but yes, this
is a starting poin

  Jeff Neuman:point

  Donna Austin, Neustar:appreciate that Sara, and I hope my comments aren't
being taken as being critical, just some general observations at this point.

  Jeff Neuman:That last bullet is a long way of saying it is a voluntary
program :)

  Jim Prendergast:the costs point is something that going to need more
discussion. I don't think this group should dictate that.  if two parties
want o negotiate it or an RSP wants to offer that, that's a differentiator
in the marketplace. buts it's not the role of this group to dictate that.

  Jim Prendergast:that probably warrants to clarification to it

  Jeff Neuman:I think that is right Donna.  Its not to govern the
relationship between the RSP and RO, but rather who pays for the cost of
technical evaluation if there is a preapproval process

  Jeff Neuman:Agree-  All, please make suggestions in the google Doc.  Lets
get the wording to a point where it is clear and we can all agree

  Jim Prendergast:will do. I'm better at 11am as opposed to 11pm

  Jeff Neuman:Funny Jim...i am better at 11 pm :)

  Steve Chan 2:Sorry, missed those. Reloaded with the two points Jeff is
discussing now.

  Jim Prendergast:I'll elaborate more in google docs on the last point but
the fact that icann has had instances of a few operators failing SLAs and
having to coach them into compliance makes it difficult to automatically
grandfather them. in

  Justine Chew:Agree with Donna. Also subject to any changes in technical
requirements for operating as RSP.

  Donna Austin, Neustar:@Jim, we really need ICANN to provide that
information before we go down that track.

  Justine Chew:So we need to address scalability, Jeff?

  Jeff Neuman:that could be one item

  Jeff Neuman:again it is for discussion

  avri doria:I find the issue of granfathering somewhat problematic.  i
think there are possibly too many conditions that may vary. i do not see the
harm of everyone starting afresh.

  Justine Chew:@Donna: Yes, agree with your response.

  Jeff Neuman:Thanks Donna - I dont think your comments and mine are
inconsistent.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):had to drop audio to get into my next ICANN call

  Donna Austin, Neustar:@ Avri, as I see it and how i read this document, we
are really only discussing a pre-approval process and if that doesn't change
substantively from what was undertaken in 2012 i don't see why 2012 RSPs
could not be grandfathered in.

  Jeff Neuman:Perhaps the grandfathering applies to what is the same with
perhaps some lesser amount of evaluation on only those new requirements (if
any)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):sigh 6,5 has of these today from 0300 2 oh of
course it's a National public holiday so I shouldn't complain should I

  Donna Austin, Neustar:No Cheryl, you should be off playing two-up and
leaving the phone at home

  avri doria:wee are trng to eliminate multipel testings, i do not see the
requiremnt to eliminate all testing for some.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):poor audio for me

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):improved

  Terri Agnew:let me know if audio goes to poor again

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):off again a bit

  Jim Prendergast:did the community determine the pricing in the previous
rounds or was that dictated by ICANN?

  Jeff Neuman:@Jim - Dictated by ICANN

  Terri Agnew:I reported Avri's AC audio issue earlier. I will add
additional poor  audio quality to the ticket

  Jeff Neuman:Based on some vague formulas and SWAGs on expected volumes

  Jim Prendergast:that's what I thought.

  Jeff Neuman:Applicant support programs need to get funding from somewhere

  Jeff Neuman:(if we have them)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):indeed they do!!!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):and we should IMO

  avri doria:Jeff the cost of those should be calcualted into the total
cost.

  Jeff Neuman:WE do need to revisit that report.  If as people believe there
will be 25000 applications, then under the current rates, it would take 25
years to complete delegating those TLDs

  Jeff Neuman:So we need to push those boudaries of that recommendation

  Jim Prendergast:25 years....wow

  Jeff Neuman:That report found no issues with the current rate of
delegations and said it could handle much more

  Terri Agnew:next call: New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team - Track 1 -
Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue will take place on Tuesday, 16 May
2017 at 15:00 UTC.

  Jeff Neuman:so, that is the key part we (WT 4) may need to discuss

  Donna Austin, Neustar:@Jeff, do you know who signs off on that report, ie,
is it the Board?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):bye for now then lots more to divvying all this
from today

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):discuss

  Edmon:bye

  Jeff Neuman:Not sure as it was just outsourced