[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1] Recording, Attendance, AC recording, AC Chat for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 1 – Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Jul 11 16:56:17 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email.
The AC recording and AC Chat are listed below for the New gTLD Subsequent
Procedures Sub Team - Track 1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue held
on Tuesday, 11 July 2017 at 15:00 UTC.

Adobe Connect recording:
<https://participate.icann.org/p5sffuypt3q/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=1ac87b02e9bd1147
de0e9f48df70165362dd3aaef16709dc4c1621aa6a9addbb>
https://participate.icann.org/p5sffuypt3q/

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-newgtld-wg-wt1

Agenda Wiki page:  <https://community.icann.org/x/UnHwAw>
https://community.icann.org/x/UnHwAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 11 July 2017

  Terri Agnew:Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team - Track
1 - Overall Process/Support/Outreach Issue on Tuesday, 11 July 2017 at 15:00
UTC for 60 minutes

  Terri Agnew:agenda wiki page:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_U
nHwAw
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_
UnHwAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpC
IgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=UaYhaxlTjVTIJEamAyTGIcXy8hNDACWL3iMmMByBie
8&s=U0siPd4qhYJAEwWyR2X0w8NA1LY_eTHFbkcat-281vk&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=UaYhaxlTjVTIJEamAyTGIcXy8hNDACWL3iMmMByBie8&s=U0
siPd4qhYJAEwWyR2X0w8NA1LY_eTHFbkcat-281vk&e=

  John Laprise:Morning Terri

  Emily Barabas:This document is unsynced. Please feel free to zoom and
scroll as needed.

  Christa Taylor:Link to document for reference:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_spreads
heets_d_1427pgTCkguOj2NZZzMnz-5FH-5FlPe54dtvUErSJd9uhkZw_edit-23gid-3D656864
408
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_spread
sheets_d_1427pgTCkguOj2NZZzMnz-5FH-5FlPe54dtvUErSJd9uhkZw_edit-23gid-3D65686
4408&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIg
mkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=UaYhaxlTjVTIJEamAyTGIcXy8hNDACWL3iMmMByBie8&
s=6m38T7Ig9bpXM0jOj0P46aiaoei3M537DUC5Cf-JzME&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=UaYhaxlTjVTIJEamAyTGIcXy8hNDACWL3iMmMByBie8&s=6m
38T7Ig9bpXM0jOj0P46aiaoei3M537DUC5Cf-JzME&e=

  Emily Barabas:@Christa, some comments received referenced a topic in
general but did not respond to a specific CC2 question. These are included
at the top on the page.

  Jeff Neuman:I think a searchable Guidebook on the ICANN Website makes
sense

  Jim Prendergast:further to my answer - I dont understand how the
organization and presentation of the AGB is a policy issue for this group to
deliberate or decide.

  Jeff Neuman:The BRG comments make a lot of sense

  Jeff Neuman:@Jim - We understand your comment, but it is a question we
have in the charter

  Jim Prendergast:ok

  Jeff Neuman:so, do you agree with any of the comments or the positions
taken

  Jim Prendergast:I need to review them more thoroughly

  Jeff Neuman:The Afilias position is worth noting, but could that be solved
by having the single document be the "authoritative source" and the other
simplifying docs  contain the appropriate disclaimers

  Jeff Neuman:Is anyone from the ALAC on the call?

  John Laprise:here

  John Laprise:not alac but at large

  Jeff Neuman:I am wondering how to address the ALAC comment

  John Laprise:(incoming naralo alac rep)

  Jim Prendergast:question - how can those who are just seeing these for the
first time submit feedback after the calls?

  Emily Barabas:one moment, checking document permissions

  Jeff Neuman:Our role as a working group will be to address all of the
comments received and whether and how we are taking those into account

  Emily Barabas:@steve, confirmed

  Emily Barabas:all can comment in the google documents

  Julie Hedlund:See:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_spreads
heets_d_1427pgTCkguOj2NZZzMnz-5FH-5FlPe54dtvUErSJd9uhkZw_edit-23gid-3D144205
9046
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_spread
sheets_d_1427pgTCkguOj2NZZzMnz-5FH-5FlPe54dtvUErSJd9uhkZw_edit-23gid-3D14420
59046&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCI
gmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=UaYhaxlTjVTIJEamAyTGIcXy8hNDACWL3iMmMByBie8
&s=1G1tenEB-8BR2jkgklzYYMyxHk5Kvi_p41MUXPapPoA&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=UaYhaxlTjVTIJEamAyTGIcXy8hNDACWL3iMmMByBie8&s=1G
1tenEB-8BR2jkgklzYYMyxHk5Kvi_p41MUXPapPoA&e=

  Alan Greenberg:Sorry to be late!

  Phil Buckingham:sorry I am late to the call.

  Jeff Neuman:We can create the "Filling gTLD applications for Dummies"
(assuming we can get the trademark rights for that :)

  Jeff Neuman:+1 on a good table of contents and an index

  Jeff Neuman:And rather than PDFs, it should be searchable text

  Jim Prendergast:I like the searchable component and keep in mind that it
needs to multilingual as well

  Ashley Roberts:Agree with it being searchable

  Kurt Pritz:Wasn't it INTA that led the charge in changing the Guidebook
after the application window was opened?

  Kurt Pritz:So it is good that they are against change now

  Jeff Neuman:I think you are confusing INTA with the National Advertising
Assication

  Jeff Neuman:(Or whatever they were called)

  Kurt Pritz:I think it was all IP

  Greg Shatan:Association of National Advertisers

  Jim Prendergast:"another bit at the apple"

  Greg Shatan:Not an IP organization, Kurt.

  Ashley Roberts:I agree with the INTA comment. It seems to me fairly
uncontroversial that we should have predictability with regard to the AGB,
prior to the next application round commencing.

  Jeff Neuman:I think the points raised by the GAC  needs discussion

  Jeff Neuman:BUt that is also a topic in WT 3

  Steve Chan:It seems that there might be a fair amount of overlap between
this question and the overarching issues on predictability/community
engagement. If that's the case, we should take care to avoid duplicative or
conflicting outcomes.

  Greg Shatan:Still awake....

  avri doria:yes, awake

  Kurt Pritz:I think all of these issues were addresssed in the original
Guidebook. The Guidebook was changed

  Phil Buckingham:Agreed Jim . Finalised full stop.

  Jeff Neuman:Totally agree on the refund issue

  Steve Chan:@Jeff, I'll plug the work of the drafting team on
predictability/community engagement again, in this case. I believe the goal
is to establish a framework for addressing changes that might be needed in a
predictable way.

  Kurt Pritz:Looking at the last line of the last RySG comment - it is
almost word-for-word the same as the existing policy

  Jim Prendergast:agree with the agreement(s) being finalized ahead of time
as well.

  Phil Buckingham: Comments noted  for WT2 re the RA . Good suggestion to
make the RA available beforehand .

  Ashley Roberts:Thanks Jeff

  Terri Agnew:We can hear you Sara

  Terri Agnew:New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team - Track 1 - Overall
Process/Support/Outreach Issue will take place on Tuesday, 25 July 2017 at
20:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

  avri doria:bye, thanks

  Ashley Roberts:Thanks everyone