[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt2] Work Track 2: Single Base Agreement

Michael Flemming flemming at brightsconsulting.com
Mon Oct 3 04:35:38 UTC 2016

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps my wording could've been chosen better,
but I do think
they were equipped. I do not mean any offense in regards to that. The
response timing we
received from ICANN in the past in regards to contracts was timely even if
the overall process
was slower than expected. I believe ICANN took necessary measures to have
the legal staff
and advice to negotiate agreements.

Just as you say, not understanding/feeling. It is at times difficult for
brands to get ICANN
to realize why a certain provision is not necessary applicable to brands.
ICANN will provide
the reasoning behind the provision and how it applies to gTLDs overall, and
then brands will
provide their response. To me, it seems to be a longer conversation than
necessary.

Michael Flemming