[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt2] Work Track 2: Single Base Agreement

Kevin Kreuser kkreuser at godaddy.com
Mon Oct 3 04:38:57 UTC 2016

Oy, sorry, cut off . . .

ICANN is handcuffed by the terms and conditions agreed via the community process. When an individual applicant or group of applicants comes in after the public process has resolved requesting changes due to "extraordinary circumstances," ICANN must justify any changes it might accept in light of the opinion of every other applicant and constituency, whether it be the opinion of an IGO/GO, community, "brand" or other applicant or of the GAC, ALAC, etc.

So I (personally) support having separate and unique agreements for distinct categories (assuming we properly define these categories) because it will help ICANN to enable and process these unique applications, but the distinctions need to ensure security and stability across all TLDs.

kevin kreuser
senior assistant general counsel | GoDaddy™
kkreuser at godaddy.com<mailto:kkreuser at godaddy.com>
602-420-4121<tel:602-420-4121> (o) / 480-258-7957<tel:480-258-7957> (m)

This email message and any attachments hereto is intended for use only by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any copy of this message and its attachments.