[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt2] WT2 - 4th Meeting

Phil Buckingham phil at dotadvice.co.uk
Tue Oct 4 13:30:38 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

Thought I would drill down a little on the agenda for the Thursday 6 October  call at 20.00 UTC. I really hope as many of you as possible can make it.

If you can’t, then please consider putting your view point to the list. If you don’t wish to go public , then please feel to contact Michael or myself off list. Your, your company’s  experiences from the 2012 round , problems you faced, would be very much appreciated.

I will be continuing the momentum  from the full WG call , yesterday,  with initially further High Level  discussions on the Base Registry Agreement,   but then  start to get into the “ Nitty Gritty” .

My own personal thinking is we need a  Base Registry agreement for each type of category , although by definition every single application  has/ had  different “ elements “  within that category. The one size fits all approach , just didn’t work last time, did it ?  I personally think ,we need to get the Base right first and then the contents of the Base Registry Agreement  can be structured  to fit the application ( not the other way round) .

We ,however, need to propose a balanced view and look at all the pro and cons.  Raymond of Neustar has sent an excellent list of cons to the list on Monday 3 October.  I hope you can find time to read it , before the call.

Looking forward to having an open discussion on the BRA on Thursday at 20.00 UTC.

Regards,

Phil

Phil Buckingham