[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt2] recording, Attendance & AC Chat for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 2 – Legal/Regulatory Issues 18 August 2016

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Sep 8 21:18:15 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email and the AC Chat below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 2 – Legal/Regulatory Issues held on Thursday, 08 September 2016 at 20:00 UTC.
<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-16may16-en.mp3>

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/FwSbAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 08 September 2016

   Terri Agnew:Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 2 – Legal/Regulatory Issues call held on Thursday, 08 September 2016 at 20:00 UTC.

  Terri Agnew:wiki agenda page: https://community.icann.org/x/sxWsAw

  Michael Flemming:I would love to, but the participant code is not working for me.

  Paul McGrady:Good morning/afternoon/evening!

  Julie Hedlund:Michael: Terri has opened a private chat with you.  Look for it on your bottom tab.

  Phil Buckingham:Hi Terri ,   my number to dial out is 00 44 (0)7957643357

  Jeff Neuman:All - Having some technical difficulties...please stand by.  Thanks for your patience

  Terri Agnew:@Phil the sytem is calling you

  Jeff Neuman:great

  Jeff Neuman:Woo hoo...lets get the recording started :)

  Rubens Kuhl:Michael and Heather, it seems muting would favor to bring the noise level down...

  Jeff Neuman:All - in a few minutes I need to drop off of Adobe, but will still be on my phone.

  Rubens Kuhl:Paul has his hand raised.

  Terri Agnew:Dialing back out to PHil

  Phil Buckingham:Terri ,  I ve lost connection . can  you  dial back . I am extremely sorry .

  Steve Coates:Agree with Paul.  I think the Guidebook needs to be in here, subject to the work of our colleagues on other WTs.

  Phil Buckingham:Sorry  I not able to connect .

  Terri Agnew:@Phil, can you active your mic? top tool bar, select the telephone icon and select bottom option microphone

  Phil Marano (Mayer Brown):Here is a link to the Application T&Cs. https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/agb/terms

  Steve Coates:Press forward.  Can hear you fine.

  Paul McGrady:In addition to Appliant Guidebook Terms & Conditions and the Base Registry Agreement, we should also look at all mandatory contracts, e.g. Terms of Service for any mandatory Applicant Portal and Terms of Service for the TMCH (assuming that use of the TMCH remains a requirement in next Round/Window).

  Phil Buckingham:Really Sorry I am still not able to connect .  Terri could you try another dial out.

  Phil Marano (Mayer Brown):Here is another, CZDS T&Cs.  https://czds.icann.org/en/terms/terms-and-conditions-1

  Terri Agnew:@Phil, yes, calling again

  Rubens Kuhl:I lost Michael.

  Rubens Kuhl:Or all audio.

  Heather Forrest:happy to speak to that if you'd like

  Terri Agnew:@Rubens, audio is still working. Please refresh

  Phil Buckingham:i am back in . really sorry

  Heather Forrest:(CWG Country and Territory Names, that is)

  Rubens Kuhl:I was on the audio bridge and it dropped. Reconnected now.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yes obviously we need to liase Heather (madm coChair)

  Alexander Schubert:doesn't look like there is much "output" from the cwg

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Tht certainy makes sense to a *rather biased* me Heather

  Heather Forrest:Thanks Cheryl

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO)::-)

  Phil Buckingham:good point rubens

  Heather Forrest:If we can delay start on geo names until Hyderabad that would be ideal

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):agreed

  Heather Forrest:Paul McGrady's hand is up

  Michael Flemming:Yes, we will come to Paul in just one moment

  Rubens Kuhl:Michael, one difference is that reserved means "no way one can apply" while IGO / NGO included, at least in 2012-round, a possibility to apply existed but it could be objected (LRO).

  Michael Flemming:Sorry for the wait

  Heather Forrest:The basis of the decision that Jeff points out (no reservation, per GNSO Reserved Names WG) was the lack of recognition of govt rights in geo names under international law, as concluded by WIPO

  Alexander Schubert:I agree with Jeff!

  Steve Chan:Perhaps add contractual obligations to the title?

  Michael Flemming:That would offer clarity

  Steve Coates:Breaking up, can't hear.

  Paul McGrady:I can't really understand Jeff.

  Alexander Schubert:Geo names  (ISO 3166 Alpha 3 and territory names) at top level should be in this group....   where else?

  Jeff Neuman 2:Sorry.  I am on my cell

  Jeff Neuman 2:I will write my explanation

 Jeff Neuman 2:It is here because the second level restrictions are contained within the legal base agreement

  Jeff Neuman 2:specification 5

  Jeff Neuman 2:It made the most sense here

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):noted

  Steve Chan:So yeah, maybe not the terminoligy specifically, but the current title is perhaps limiting

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):tend to agree there Steve

  Alexander Schubert:grouping maybe in terms of processing here in this group - but there is no conneconnection otherwise

  Paul McGrady 2:Maybe "Legal, Contractual, and Regulatory"?

  Phil Marano (Mayer Brown):IGO-INGO seems broader than reserved names, since it potentially covers curative rights, yes?

  Jeff Neuman 2:I am fine with changing the title of the group to include contractual.  That was what was intended anyway

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):great Jeff  maybe "make it so"

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):*I hd to get a Star Trek  line in smewhere :-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Yes Jeff prralell is going to be essential

  Paul McGrady:@Jeff, thanks on the name change.

  Jeff Neuman 2:@Paul - I hope I have the authority to change the name :)

  Paul McGrady:@Jeff, pretty sure only @Avri has that kind of authority...   :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yes

  Paul McGrady:This is a great time for North Americans.  How do others outside of N.A. feel about the time of the call?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Works for me here in AU

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Won't the 3:00 UTC slot conflict with the meeting time for the full WG?

  Emily Barabas:typically, the full group will meet on Mondays

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Got it. Thanks.

  Emily Barabas:this week was an exception due to the US holiday

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Rotation is fine with me. Prefer that we avoid having work stream calls conflict with each other and with the full WG.

  Alexander Schubert:Agreed

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Works for me  I hate 1500 UTC

  Susan Payne:rotation fine with me

  Emily Barabas:With the current suggested rotation, there won't be conflicts between the invidivdual sub teams and the full team meetings

  Emily Barabas:*individual

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):0300 and now is all good , but  must avoid conflicts wheer possible

  Rubens Kuhl:2000 UTC works fine in Latin America as well.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):W hve found 1800 - 2200  UTC  has a good ability for mny regions to work with in the past

  Jeff Neuman 2:All .....sorry I was off Adobe before, but when we said we are dealing with the "Base Agreement", I think we aredealing now only with the concept of whether to have 1 agreement to fit all, or whether we as a group support the notion of potentially having separate agreements for separate categories

  Kevin Kreuser (GoDaddy):it was hard enough to get one RA approved.  Having several versions would be a nightmare

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Time Check Guys  this is a 60 min call is it not?

  Rubens Kuhl:RA was actually 12 RAs... (yes/no) Governmental Organization (yes/no) Community (open/brand/exclusive-use). 12 possibilities total.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Lot of good discussion  but we cn pick u other Agenda items  next call and on list

  Paul McGrady:Christmas Eve...  j/k

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Apologies, but I have to drop off the meeting for a meeting at the top of the hour.

  Paul McGrady:Co-chairs, this was a GREAT call.  Getting right down to business is refreshing.  I also really enjoyed the conversation with the folks on the call and in the chat.  We have a wonderful group here.

  Alexander Schubert:Bye!

  Heather Forrest:Thanks, everyone- have a good weekend

  Robert  Burlingame (Pillsbury):Thank you all.

  Jeff Neuman 2:Despite tech difficulties...great job

  Susan Payne:thanks all

  Phil Marano (Mayer Brown):Goodbye