[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt2] [Ext] Re: GDD Response to Vertical Integration Data Request

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Fri Dec 22 00:13:27 UTC 2017

Steve,

I believe they mixed legal entities and registry families in the response. The initial number does look like legal entities, but since we know that Donuts become vertically-integrated with the acquisition of Rightside, that would have put many more legal entities in the list, because Donuts use one legal entity per TLD, while other portfolio registries operate with a single legal entity.

I wouldn't count on the precision of the response considering the numbers they gave.

Rubens