[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt3] Recording, AC Chat & Attendance from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team ­ Track 3 ­ String Contention, Objections & Disputes on Tuesday, 02 May 2017 at 20:00 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue May 2 21:27:02 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and audio recording of the call attached to this email and the Adobe Connect recording (visual and audio) and AC Chat below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 3 – String Contention, Objections & Disputes held on Tuesday, 02 May 2017 at 20:00 UTC.

Adobe Connect recording:   <https://participate.icann.org/p4gkpmlia8z/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=029929868fed1ad28d0b8d51c4d9985cb1e68d6f0272a40c48270918080ea07a> https://participate.icann.org/p4gkpmlia8z/

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Agenda Wiki page:   <https://community.icann.org/x/H9TRAw> https://community.icann.org/x/H9TRAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 02 May 2017

      Julie Bisland:Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 3 – String Contention, Objections & Disputes on Tuesday, 02 May 2017 at 20:00 UTC.

  Julie Bisland:Agenda Wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_H9TRAw <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_H9TRAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=oSBc0AIJVS9fGv6TFV_dCacSuLtjEYgb_elE2XerGRM&s=8I19HlO4bAyIsA1dLYcjxlQp5NJKUTB2dwzMAfHW7MA&e> &d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=oSBc0AIJVS9fGv6TFV_dCacSuLtjEYgb_elE2XerGRM&s=8I19HlO4bAyIsA1dLYcjxlQp5NJKUTB2dwzMAfHW7MA&e=

  Terri Agnew:We would like to introduce Julie Bisland as GNSO SO/AC Support coordinator.

  Emily Barabas:Welcome Julie B!

  Annebeth Lange:Good evening, everyone

  Robin Gross:Greetings!

  Paul McGrady:Hi everyone!

  Emily Barabas:correct, no SubPro calls next week due to the GDD Summit

  Paul McGrady 2:Can we go back to the last slide for a moment?

  avri doria:Just read the chat: Hello Julie, welcome.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):COMMENT: Under new ByLaws, it takes a 2/3 vote of the Board to overcome GAC Consensus Advice.  COMMENT

  Julie Bisland:Thank you, Avri!

  Paul McGrady 2:We are currently discussing generic strings in the Legal WT of this PDP.

  Steve Coates:WT2

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):indeed Anne

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):hell no

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):let's make sure we interact

  Alan Greenberg:But we are bound to consider the work and conclusions of the cct-rt.

  Alan Greenberg:The entire issue of "core values" is that they compete with each other and one does not necessarily and uniformaly trump another.

  avri doria:and this PDP WG is one of the place where policy is done.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):@Alan - I agree we also need to consider recommendations of CCT-RT.  Anne

  avri doria:Is Canada more 'senstive' about this than the US, when we say NA?

  Paul McGrady 2:Geography lesson learned.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):indeed Alan

  Alan Greenberg:Sorry, but I am a mite sensitive to the equivalence of the US and Canada, not to even speak of Mexico.

  avri doria:Though in ICANN, Mexico is not NA

  Paul McGrady 2:@Alan, understood, but I think the differences between Canadian speech rights compared to US are extremely close compared to free speech rights in the US vs. other places around the world.  That said, sorry for lumping the Canadians with the Yankees.

  Paul McGrady 2:@Robin - how about the public interest goal of freedom of expression in generic term TLDs by their operators?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):lost me there Robin

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):seems so Anne

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):I suspect so Greg, and from my POV this is shaky area to try and navigate

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):@GREG - Many citizens have to deal DAILY with oppression of freedom of expression.

  Greg Shatan:So we have another balancing act.

  Greg Shatan:Agree that we should discuss the issue.  Don't want to take away anyone's freedom to express themselves.

  avri doria:i kind of thought that PDPs in general were all gigantic balancing acts.

  Alan Greenberg:Yup.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):Yes Avri - so true

  Alan Greenberg:If they do their job well.

  Greg Shatan:We are they Flying Wallendas of policy...

  Terri Agnew 2:nexct call: New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 3 – String Contention, Objections & Disputes will take place on Tuesday, 23 May 2017 at 15:00 UTC

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thanks everyone bye for now

  Karen Day:Thanks, Robin.  See you all in 3 weeks!