[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt3] Paper from UK on Community Based Applications & agenda for November 28, 2017

Karen Day Karen.Day at sas.com
Wed Nov 22 19:19:10 UTC 2017

Dear WT 3 members,

Our next regularly scheduled meeting will be on Tuesday, November 28th at 15:00 UTC and in accordance with our schedule (a copy is attached for your files) we will be continuing our discussions on Community Based Applications and Community Priority Evaluations.  Also attached for your review prior to the meeting is a paper prepared by Mark Carvell,  UK GAC representative, concerning GAC advice to date on Community Based Applications.

With regard to our work plan, after some questions arose during the WT2 call yesterday and further discussion on our PDP Leadership call this morning, I wanted to lay out for you the way we envision conquering this rather aggressive schedule:

We will discuss our topics during the calls in and between the columns labeled 'Begin Deliberation' and 'Coalesce Opinions'.  Your co-leads have taken (with grateful help from staff) a goal to have circulated at least a rough written topic summary prior to the 'Coalesce Opinions' call.  At the 'Call for Objections' meeting and an period of approximately 5-10 days after, we will take up objections to the summaries of positions/options as presented. As soon as practicable after each 'Call for Objections' period we will circulate a draft of what we are proposing to send up to the plenary for their consideration.  During these times when drafts are circulated it will be incumbent on us all to participate by expressing our opinions via the email list or in the Google Docs as we won't have the luxury of time and waiting until the next call.  The 'Refine Report' meeting on March 6th will then be, hopefully, just that - last minute refinements to the report that we will send up to the plenary at the end of the week.

I will leave you then, with wishes for a safe and happy Thanksgiving for those in the US and an enjoyable weekend for those in other part of the world.

Best regards,

Karen