[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] recording, Attendance & AC Chat for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 4 – IDNs/Technical & Operations held on Thursday, 25 August 2016 at 20:00 UTC.

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Aug 25 21:06:35 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email and the AC Chat below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 4 – IDNs/Technical & Operations held on Thursday, 25 August 2016 at 20:00 UTC.

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/HQSbAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

  Jeff Neuman:Welcome all....giving an extra minute or so

  Dietmar Lenden - Validues Ltd:no problem Jeff

  Jeff Neuman:Hoping Rubens will join

  Jeff Neuman:I know we are hitting the dog days of summer (or winter depending on where you are)

  Tom Dale (ACIG GAC Secretariat):Yes, just switching over.

  Avri Doria:hope this meeting is as exctiing as that one was.

  Dietmar Lenden - Validues Ltd:we can hear you

  Christa Taylor:Nice and clear!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):great audio Jeff Clear as a crystal

  Emily Barabas:Rubens SOI: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/Rubens+Kuhl+SOI

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Jeff I am happy to assist Rubens if you like,  I served in IDN  world a log time

  Emily Barabas:Cheryl Langdon-Orr SOI: https://community.icann.org/display/gnsosoi/Cheryl+Langdon-Orr+SOI

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):NP  Jeff you *can* in fact always  through me in the deep end np prep required

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Ruben Kuhl

  Rubens Kuhl:Thanks Terri!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO): Hi  Rubens  were on slide 9 atm, and I have just stepped up to assist you in the Leadership

  Rubens Kuhl:Now I got access. The bridge had a bit of delay.

  Avri Doria:new comer? still? at this point?

  Avri Doria:i though newcomer rubbed off after 1-2 years max.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):indeed Avri

  Rubens Kuhl:Avri, specifically in regards to new gTLD policy development, when I got here everything was defnined, both in overaching policy and implementation...

  Rubens Kuhl:Included LGRs for both TLDs and 2nd level.

  Rubens Kuhl:More like a disclaimer so registries not sue ICANN for lack of UA...

  Rubens Kuhl:3: .home, .corp and .mail

  Rubens Kuhl:Some proposed, but none were referred to RSTEP.

  Avri Doria:also there may be some interaction between this track and track 2 on reserved IDN names - or is all that in Track 2?

  Rubens Kuhl:Avri, the possible interaction is that if the policy allows 1-char IDN in some languages, the reserved IDN name list might need to be revised.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):there will no doubt need to be some coordination on this

  Avri Doria:i meant all sort of reserved names

  Avri Doria:and we can alwasy schedule a joint meeting of two track teams

  Rubens Kuhl:We have the benefit at 2016 of having LGR (Label Generation Rules) defined for many languages, something not available in 2007.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):very true Rubens,

  Phil Buckingham:Avri , it is doesnt actually specify IDNs reserved names  per se - just "review of the composition of the reserved names list "

  Terri Agnew:@Jeff, your audio is starting to cut out

  Rubens Kuhl:Jeff, you are fading in and out.

  Terri Agnew:much better

  Julie Hedlund:Better now!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):Thank Jeff  Thnks everyone !  Bye for now

  Julie Hedlund:Thanks everyone

  Rubens Kuhl:Thanks all, sorry for being late.

  Dietmar Lenden - Validues Ltd:bye all

  Avri Doria:bye, thanks

  Martin Sutton:Thanks

  Phil Buckingham:thanks Jeff