[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] Subsequent procedures PDP

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Sat Jun 3 01:10:43 UTC 2017

> On Jun 2, 2017, at 7:37 PM, Aikman-Scalese, Anne <AAikman at lrrc.com> wrote:
>
> So I’m guessing this whole ORDINAL business is why JAS Advisors said in their report that they could not reveal all the data on which they were basing their advice?

I believe this a reference to JASBUG. In the first version of their report, they had to not disclose it due to responsible vulnerability disclosure, since Microsoft hasn't patched yet the vulnerability they found. The bug is now documented at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms15-011.aspx <https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/ms15-011.aspx> .

The data sources mentioned in the JAS Report are DNS-OARC DITL and requests to corp.com <http://corp.com/>; corp.com <http://corp.com/> is one of the collision domains now part of ORDINAL, but ORDINAL did not exist at the time of JAS Report, either phase 1 or phase 2. corp.com <http://corp.com/> could be seen as the seed of what is ORDINAL.

Rubens